Chapter 14 - You want me for what?

As Hands had promised a number of records had been released to her. When they were, she found that all of them were marked as sealed. When she noticed that she felt a slight shift in her implant which would keep her from discussing what was classified. The evening after the records had been cleared for her she sat down in her room and started reading them. The number of documents and reports were massive and it was going to take time. Thankfully Hands had organized them to help her skim over them before going into depth about them.

He had also created an excerpt and timeline for her as well. As she started reading some of it was general records. They covered his being renamed, deciding to move into the temple, and some general memories. Those weren't sealed. Then she reached the part about Flitter. For this she needed a drink, nothing hard but something. At the dispenser she ordered a mug of cider. When it was dispensed she had to smile since she was informed she only had one more for the day. From what she understood on temple grounds alcohol was controlled. There wasn't a concern of the younger girls getting it. It was simply to ensure nobody over drank and exposed that to the trainees. Somehow Cindy couldn't see a Liraque actually getting drunk. It just didn't seem like something they would do.

With a great deal of trepidation Cindy finally opened the documents and stories about the death of Flitter. As she was reading through it she had started crying. Before she was even halfway done Zahria walked in and settled down next to her. Cindy didn't even blink when she was moved over to the Liraque's lap. All she could do was turn and start crying into her shoulder. She had seen videos of how Ray and the pack had looked. The devastation in their eyes was almost beyond belief. Even as they grieved the world had grieved for the loss of the Pack Mother of the first new pack in many years.

Zahria started singing quietly to Cindy as she cried. Hands had notified her that he was making his records available to Cindy. When he had done that she knew that the next week or two were going to be hard on her. This was just dealing with Flitter. When Cindy read about having to kill the woman and what side effects that caused she was going to be upset as well. The part where Dreamer's pack was taken down was likely to be hard on her also. Zahria had lived through much of Hands first few months and it had been hard on their pack, *Let me help comfort you Cindy. Flitter was beloved by her mate, his siblings, and their packs. I never had a chance to meet her but I could feel the love and care they had for her.*

At this point Cindy closed everything up and would have to come back to it later. She relaxed against Zahria and let her help comfort her. It was going to take some time since she had met Flitter once or twice when Ray had brought her to the ranch. She had seen how much he had loved her and knew it had to hurt him and the others badly. Eventually she finished crying and sat up, "Thank you Liraque. Your comfort really helped." Now she was going to shower and try and do some studying. She was still working on getting her Folician equivalent of high school done. Then she could start on her degree.

The next evening was much the same. She continued reading the documents dealing with Flitter and her death. The world had mourned as Zahria had mentioned. When she reached the video of the memorial service she had cried her eyes out. It wasn't just the pack or even the girls in Hands original section. It included his new section, a number of Liraque, working and retired. There were a number of her former clients as well. Even though emotions hadn't been recorded it was obvious many had cared for the woman.

Zahria had comforted her again as she cried. Ray had looked so damaged by his loss. His pack all had lowered ears and tails. The same was true with Hands' sections and so many others. As she was crying she felt Zahria do something to her implant.

*Enough for the time being Cindy, I am temporarily blocking your access to more of the records. You need to deal with this now before you keep reading. As your Liraque I have this right. Take your time to read and absorb what Hands has given you access to. Now it is time for dinner. Go clean your face and I will support you.* Diving into the records without a break was not going to be good for Cindy. The next set was when Ray lost control and Hands had to kill that female. That was going to hurt Cindy as well. As of now Zahria was going to keep a very close look at what Cindy was accessing. If needed she would go to Cienna to work on a way for Cindy to learn what happened without hurting her.