Chapter 15 - Heading towards where they belong

Even as Sophia had gone to the pack property so had Cindy. For her it wasn't just to relax but she was still thinking about what she had read about the first few weeks Hands and his family had been there. She had seen the impact of their parents dying. It had been horrible and very hard on them. As much of the family as possible had attended the burial and had seen the three of them crying. Even Flitter had cried and held onto the three as best possible. By that time Vyra and Daisy had to head back to the ship or they would have been there she was sure.

Looking back and knowing what she knew now Cindy knew that Flitter had been helping them as much as she could. She might not have been a certified Liraque at that time since she had retired but she was still a Priestess of the Goddess and had her powers. All of the family had mourned for their loss. Even the distant relatives who had come had mourned. It was the right thing to do. When they had left for where Ray had lived it had hurt. Cindy did like Xavier back then and even though he was about a year older she had a crush on him.

Having the crush didn't bother her since he wasn't blood family. He was cute and had a ready sense of humor not to mention a solid feel to her. There was something which told her he could be depended on when needed. Ray had that sort of feeling though he was way older than Xavier. He must have been in his late 20's at that point though she wasn't sure of his actual age.

Both parents had been cremated at their request in their will. The burial hadn't taken that long since the jars with the ashes had been placed in the same plot. The priest had said a few things, some people had come up and said somethings. If she had been paying attention at that point she might have noticed that Flitter had given respect to the beliefs but nothing else. Now starting to know what she did she knew it was because Flitter looked to her Goddess. Did that bother her? It wasn't something she had really dealt with but everyone had the rights to their own beliefs.

As she was thinking she was relaxing in a smaller hot spring and sipping on a cold drink. When Rain settled down next to her Cindy simply leaned against him and relaxed in his comfort. The arm which wrapped around her was strong and comforting. It helped to somewhat calm her ruminations.

"What are you thinking about Cindy? I can sense you are not content. Would you care to talk?" He had noticed her being preoccupied during the meal after they had come over. What she was thinking about he wasn't sure but it smelled like she wasn't happy. Zahria had nudged him towards her to talk. Why he wasn't sure but he had taken the hint and come over. Nobody else was in the small pool. It wasn't one of the private ones but only a few could actually fit and relax in it.

*Did you know Hands released some records of the first few months he was here to me? I knew him on Earth as I am sure you know. I was there when his parents were buried before they left to Ray's place. I am remembering how hard that had been on the three even with Flitter, Vyra, and Daisy there. Now I have been looking at when Flitter died after childbirth. It... Their eyes were so hurt and almost... I don't know, lost and damaged maybe. I am not sure I want to know what else happened. I asked Hands why he was so different than what I remembered but I don't know if I can handle it.* She wasn't teary or crying. Cindy was mostly distressed for the three of them not to mention their packs.

Rain had to take a sip of his drink before he could reply. He had lived through some of what Hands had. Having the pack raided by both the military and the Peace Forcers had been beyond terrifying. He remembered being picked up by one female and rushed out of the harem to a shuttle. Since he was a pack father, even if he didn't know at that point, he had felt the impact. At that point he didn't know what was happening other than there was a wash of emotions flowing over him, *I didn't know until later they had lost their Pack Mother. It was a hard time for all of us.* He didn't want to say too much at the moment since she needed to slowly deal with what had happened, *I have talked to him since, and they were hurt and badly. Flitter had been Ray's first real love and it took him time to recover. With the help of his pack and Gentle he did. Does it still hurt him? It does but he has the love of his pack and his new mate.* He wasn't sure what else to say at that point.