Chapter 13 - Hands what happened to you?

Ray remained holding Gentle while they watched Saul and Dark Storm. Ray felt a spiritual twitch to rename Dark Storm but finally resisted, *Goddess unless you order this of me, I think it would be wrong. Not for her but for Saul. He knows her as Dark Storm and for me to rename her would only confuse him.* He was respectful but firm when he sent that. If she ordered it, he would so do it but now it just felt wrong.

When he sent to her the Goddess had to smile since he had misunderstood what she was asking. It wasn't Dark Storm who needed renaming though she eventually would be. It was Saul who needed it to clear out the memories he had regained and make him a new man, *Not Dark Storm. Even as Flitter renamed you and Nuzzle renamed Xavier, Saul needs to be renamed. Now do what feels best my Liraque. Go and be a Liraque for this moment and not a Pack Father.*

When she was sending to him the Pack Lord was relaxing next to her, "Thank you for inviting me here. I know he is your as much as mine but I appreciate it." He nuzzled an ear though he didn't do anything else. He wasn't going to distract her at the moment since she was acting through one of her Priests. The Pack Lord almost felt sorry for his Pack Father since he looked to both temples.

Ray moved over to Saul and Dark Storm. As he was moving the Goddess's power started growing in him. All in the room except for Ray seemed to be frozen in place. When he spoke his voice was overlaid by the Goddess's, "Saul, Dark Storm, the Goddess spoke to me."

One hand came up and touched Saul's cheek, "Under the auspices of the Goddess of the Liraque I rename you Silent Strength. Even as you had been longing for the woman you wanted as your mate, you were strong. You had to be silent due to the mental block but your desire showed in the name you gave your vehicle."

He lifted another hand to Dark Storm's cheek and stroked it as well, "With your permission I wish to rename you to Dark Refreshing Storm. You no longer feel like you need to keep people away by chasing them away with your anger. I have watched you over the last few years as you have renewed your relationship with your daughter and others." After he spoke he closed his eyes and would have collapsed if Zantha hadn't caught him.

The Goddess rolled her eyes and sighed, *Damn that man! She was going to be renamed but this is going to knock him out for a day or two. I blame this on you.* Just for good measure she growled before nipped at him. The Goddess knew he would sense her pleasure as well. It had been a test for Ray though she hadn't expected it this way.

He started laughing his low rich laugh, "Silly Goddess, you called him first, I just co-opted a bit of him to be a pack father. I firmly place the blame on you." He leaned over and nibbled on her ear before working his way down her neck, "Shall we? I have been desiring some time with you. Your avatars in my Pack house are lovely but I desire you as well."

She had a feeling he would be doing this and leaned into his affections, "Ask me in the next millennium and I might have an answer for you." She rolled over so she was straddling his lap and started to return the nips and licks.

~~~

When Ray moved over Saul could feel a power starting to flow from the other man. Even before Ray touched him he knew something Folician was happening. Like the others he froze until Ray touched his face. When he did a surge of love and comfort flowed out of Ray's hands. Somehow he just knew it wasn't from Ray but someone, no, something else. After Ray spoke he felt a lurch deep down inside and his world almost up ended. When it did he had to gasp since he now felt right. How or why he wasn't sure but it felt right. He couldn't respond since who and what he was had started changing.

When Ray touched Dark Storm she knew what was happening and gloried in the change. Much like when Ray had renamed Dark Song, who Dark Storm had been, was no longer valid. Even before she had found Saul again she had changed. When Ray asked her if she would accept the name change she cried, "I do Liraque, I do."