Chapter 10 - Who let my mother in here?

Brice was again relaxing in Silvery's arms since he was still dealing with his sister's leaving. Silvery had been talking to him a great deal about what being a Liraque was. It helped but he was still feeling horrible since Sophia was still sick and on a different world, "I still feel so bad Silvery. Sophia isn't here, I told our parents that I would take care of her damn it. I want to be there with her but I know that what Hands offered is the best for her. What should I do?"

Silver was sitting next to Brice and was comforting him, "Brice you are taking care of her. You have sent her to the best medical care you can. She will survive and the two of you will be together again. You love her and she loves you. I know since I can feel it. You are a wonderful person Brice and I hope I can be your Liraque for years." She nuzzled his neck before drawing him into a kiss.

He let her and let his worries go. She was a beautiful woman and they had spent time together. She was an incredible lover.

~~~

Kevin was relaxing in his office towards the end of the day. At the moment all the paperwork was done and he had a few minutes to unwind. As he was doing that he thought back to his visit with his Aunt. That had been interesting and enjoyable. She had been very pleased to meet Smiles and Crisp Morning. After testing the waters, he had revealed what Smiles and Crisp actually looked like.

That had been even more amusing since she had started laughing. She had said something along the lines of 'so that was the traveling you were doing huh?' Just for good measure she had eyeballed Smiles and then grinned at Crisp. Smiles returned the look and settled for a knowing grin.

By the end of the visit he could tell his aunt was starting to have a few issues about Smiles being an alien. He had decided to lock the memories and adjust them so that what she remembered had everyone looking human. Smiles had greatly enjoyed meeting his aunt though the 'primitive' aspects bothered her. Considering he had felt much the same he could understand.

As he was reminiscing he was contacted by Alonia, *Pack Father there is a woman here who claims to be your mother and is demanding to talk to you. What do you wish me to do?* The woman was not being very nice and was being abrupt and demanding.

Kevin frowned and called up the video of the reception area and snarled since it was his mother. His aunt had a couple of newer pictures and he recognized her, *Tell her I am with a client and I will be there shortly. Have her have a seat and she can stew for a few now.* No it wasn't right but if he walked out right now he would be far less than nice.

Smiles sensed his reaction and walked in, "Let me help you love. I am going to calm you down so you can deal with her. We can talk about it later." She gave him a kiss before stroking his hair as she soothed his emotions for the moment.

He sounded frustrated when he spoke, "Smiles unless you remove the emotions I won't be nice and I won't be civil. You might calm them down but there is still way too much built up for me to be at best barely civil." Kevin had been talking with Smiles about his parents but there was so much built up rage against them it was going to take a long time to really come to terms with it. When he thought 'come to terms with it' he meant washing his hands of them and never looking at them again.

As he was starting to stand up Alonia contacted him again, *Sorry Pack Father but she is getting insistent and strident. She is demanding to see you.* Alonia was feeling rather appalled by the woman's actions.

Kevin stood and walked out of his office and out front, "May I help you? I would ask that you keep your voice down. This is a company and if you can't control yourself I will have you escorted off the premises." His voice was rather chilly and didn't show any indication of who she might be.