Chapter 6 - You are hired

Nichole had been thinking about Xavier after the last time she had seen him. He had been a really good friend and she wondered how he was doing. Since she knew Cindy was related to him though distantly she decided to hunt her down at school. If she remembered rightly she was the daughter of one of his aunts second husband.

She finally found her during lunch and flopped down next to her, "Hey Cindy do you have an address or something for Xavier? I would like to send him a letter or an e-mail. It was really nice seeing him at Christmas." She started eating as she waited for Cindy to answer.

Cindy almost choked on the bite she had taken. That hadn't been a question she had been expecting. On top of that knowing what she now did about Ray and the others it was almost too much. After clearing her throat, she pulled out some paper, "I have an e-mail addy, they have been traveling so they don't have a fixed address." Well not on earth that was, "He will get the e-mail eventually though sometimes it takes time for him to respond. It was nice to see him and his family. Nuzzle was darling wasn't she?"

Nichole almost frowned when Cindy seemed to choke due to the question. What was the problem? When she took the paper she did raise an eyebrow. The addy was Packhands @ liraque.com, "Huh? What the heck type of addy is that?" When Cindy started snickering Nichole almost glowered at her. It was as if she knew something she wasn't sharing.

When Nichole glowered at her Cindy settled for a good smirk. She definitely knew something she both couldn't and wouldn't share, "Yup, that is his e-mail addy and I had to scratch my head as well." She stood and with a wave took her tray to the window. She was going to have to send a message to Hands to let him know.

Nichole glowered at Cindy since she just knew she was getting laughed at for some reason. It was annoying and she was going to find out come hell or high water. With an annoyed mutter she finished eating and carried her tray to the window as well. Once she made it home she typed up a nice e-mail and sent it to the addy. She had made sure to include mentioning if the addy was a joke she was going to do something to Cindy.

When Hands finally received the message he could only stare at it for a short time. After reading it several times he turned to Savory and sent it to her, "Huh, not sure why she decided to e-mail me but okay..." It mostly talked about how things were going in town and some general gossip about kids he had known.

Savory snorted as did Light, "Hands she has a crush on you. I could sense that when we were there. She likes you and thinks you are really cute. I have a feeling she would like to visit you and maybe see if you might like to date." Light was grinning as she was talking.

Hands looked at Light before facepalming, "As if I need another female in my life or pack. So not going to say anything more." He settled down and called up a VR keyboard and knocked out a quick reply with some generic gossip as well. He did his best to keep it as human-centric as possible. It was something he was going to have to work on. He had been on Folicia long enough that he had started to think Folician. There was so much he was going to have to edit to keep from making Nichole suspicious.

Savory was laughing at him as he was working on the reply. It was actually amusing to see him stressing about attention from a female from Earth. Considering he lived with 20 females it was really amusing. When he sent the reply off she snuck up behind him and leaned against his back and nibbled on one ear. It had been a few months since Christmas and both were growing. It was still going to be some time till they were of age but the older they were getting the more playing they could do. It wasn't anything like earth pups of their age but it was more than when they were younger.

Hands ears shot up and he could feel his tail stiffening as well when she did that. When he realized she was teasing him he growled at her, "Savory I am going to bite you later for that. I know you did that just to tease me!" He was definitely pouting until Light attacked his other ear. When she did he leaned into it and then jerked away with another growl, "Darn females are so annoying." He stood and stomped out of the lounge. Once he was outside he had to rub his ears to get rid of the reaction. Darn it, that felt good and I can't wait until we are old enough. I am going to have to do something to Savory just because though. He mentally grumbled and headed to dinner.