Chapter 1 - Kevin heads to Earth

On Folicia before going to take over the Enclave

Kevin was relaxing in the Pack Lord's temple and his Liraque was next to him. It had been close to a year since he had come back with Misty and the rest of her family. On the flight back Ray, Hands, and some of the others had spent time talking to him about what it was like on Folicia. After arriving Kevin realized just how little what they said, had prepared him for the reality of this mostly female world. It was very eye opening and especially when it came to relationships. He had been forced to go and talk to Ray several times after he had received a few offers to spend time with one female or another. What had been even more shocking had been when two of the Liraque had invited them to their beds – at the same time in the same bed.

God, he had almost run screaming at that point. It was then when he had met his Liraque, Easy Laughter, she went by Smiles. Smiles had found him even as he was debating on running. With a knowing grin, she told the other two she needed to talk to him. It really hadn't helped when the other two gave him a knowing look before leaving the area. What had been even more embarrassing was when Smiles had taken him to her room and had a rather frank talk with him. Since she wasn't Misty or the other humans, she had approached it from a totally different point of view. Smiles had never dealt with humans so her view was entirely Folician.

Even as he was thinking about his coming to Folicia, Smiles was relaxing next to him. It had been a very interesting meeting the first time. She had been drawn to his emotions and embarrassment. When she had found him, to be honest, she thought he would run before she had a chance to say hello. As it was she had managed to chase the two young Liraque away before he decided running was a good idea. When she had invited him to her room to talk it had almost gotten too much for him and Smiles had been forced to calm him. Thankfully after talking for a while and a good night's sleep he had accepted her as his Liraque. The next night had been more than enjoyable though and she knew he had enjoyed it as well.

One aspect of Kevin, Smiles had discovered, was that he was a very driven individual. After he had spent time with Ray and his pack to learn some about Folicia he had jumped into his studies with both feet. After he had ended up at the Goddess' temple he, had taken the placement tests and forged ahead in getting caught up. Kevin had spent most days getting his general education up to Folician standards. The second he had taken care of that, the two of them had moved to the Pack Lord's temple. Kevin had ended up splitting the day between learning to be a Pack Father and starting to get a degree in law by Folician standards.

If he kept going the way he was, Kevin was going to knock out a good portion of his legal training out before heading back to earth. That was a year away simply because he had to get fully qualified as a Pack Father by the Pack Lord's standard's first. It was because when he went back to Earth he would become the Pack Father for the enclave. Not including Gloria there were eight Folician's and close to fifteen humans. Only Gloria knew what they were, the other humans simply worked in the warehouse or other parts of the business. In the four years since Ray had come to Folicia it had expanded from a few Folician's to a small but successful business.

With the trade agreements Ray had worked out, they were doing a decent import and export business. Much of what was being exported to earth was art and other items which wouldn't draw attention. Art was one of the best imports and exports even amongst the races they traded with. Some items such as liquors and a few approved drugs were traded as well. When it came to food items and certain types of tech it was much harder. In many cases they were species specific.

Kevin was still thinking when Earthen Sky walked in and flopped in a chair, "Sheesh, do you have to drag your Liraque everywhere Kevin? It might be nice to have some male time and not have to worry about our thoughts and feelings nitpicked!" There was definite amusement in his voice as he spoke since moments later his Liraque walked over with a stein of ale for him. Earthen took the stein and grinned at her as she settled down.