Chapter 17 - Stan I do love you

Silent Strength was looking down at Folicia through the view port. They had just arrived and would be going down in a short time. The trip had been fascinating even if somewhat overwhelming. He and Dark Storm had talked a great deal though it hadn't been easy some of the time. There had been a few arguments since they were both very strong willed. What didn't help was both had been single for a very long time. Going from 'what I want' to 'what do we want' was proving more difficult than he had expected. Chances were Dark Storm was having much the same issue.

It hadn't helped having a number of the crew offering to spend time with him or both of them. Back during his time on the ship he hadn't had a problem. Part of that was his trying to keep thoughts of Dark Storm away. Right now they were rebuilding their relationship and learning who they had grown to be. They were having to try and define what they were going to be doing from now on as well. He really had enjoyed his job on Earth. It wasn't just the travel but meeting people, talking deals, and the give and take of being a salesman.

Dark Storm had similar thoughts but she moved between worlds and not cities. She was one of her pack's traveling traders and from what he could tell she was damn good. The fact she dealt with more money in a month than he did a year in sales didn't matter. What did was if what happened was right for both the customers and the pack. He knew she was going to request a sabbatical from her job. It was so she could travel with him to visit his children. Chances were she would still be trading but it wouldn't be the main part of her time.

Gentle walked over to Silent Strength and handed Night's Beauty over to him. Once he had taken her, Gentle leaned against him and looked down, "I do miss the view. I enjoyed my time aboard ship but I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. I hope you like the pack property. Gerdal has done wonders with it."

When Gentle handed him the baby he carefully took her and made sure she was well supported, "It is a beautiful view. I can't think of many humans who wouldn't want to see this. It is a gorgeous view and I am sure I will. Dark Storm has shown me pictures of it. I am almost itching to get into the hot springs again. All of you have spoiled me darn it! Beds from heaven, hot springs everywhere, food which rocks though you do need chicken and waffles. Well fried chicken, okra, and corn bread also. That would make everything almost perfect."

Ray had walked in about then, "Sorry but not going near okra. The rest sounds good and I will talk to Dark Storm about importing corn and chicken. We do have Urdu which tastes like..." Before he could finish his statement Zantha smacked him on the shoulder.

"Don't you even finish that statement. If you do you will regret it. I will have a human type dog house made for you." She had made the mistake of sending a message to Kevin asking about 'chicken tastes like' comments. The file he had sent back had been beyond disturbing.

Silent Strength laughed, "We can trade some chicken jokes later. I think it is time to collect Dark Storm and head down." She had a bit of packing left and he had wanted to look out the window one more time.

Their implants binged as he was talking and Silent Strength had to make a face, "Still not used to my brain making noises. It isn't like hearing since it is inside my brain. That is just plain disturbing. What is worse is I can no longer wear the shirt 'I hear voices in my mind'. Every time I even look at it my implant bings. I swear there is some indicator somewhere that tells someone to contact me even when I think about it."

Ray started laughing even as they turned away from the view port, "I know the feeling. The first few times Flitter would see my expression and laugh. Then she would bing me just for amusement value. Very few people believed me when I told them that. They all thought she was a nice serious type person. They didn't see her getting amusement value out of my reactions." He couldn't help but laugh since now it was amusing. Back then it had made him want to grump at her.