Chapter 2 - Misty becomes a ship Liraque

Kevin meets Blake

Kevin was sitting in his office with Smiles as they waited for another potential person as a donor. Even now he wasn't sure what to really call them in generic terms and hadn't come up with one yet. This was going to be the seventh person they were going to interview for the next ship. If it stood to the normal odds, chances were good he would be the one. Many of the selectees had applied to work at the company. Though they wouldn't remember it, they received an extensive emotional and mental battery of tests. Once the tests were done the tests were sent to Folicia for processing. A few of the ones with the best potential were hired on. Even if they didn't end up as the selectee, it gave them a good source of workers.

Their standards for employees was very high and there had been a few complaints from some people not hired. There had even been a few complaints about the number of females working in the offices and not the warehouse. Thanks to the legal training from Folicia and the earth degree he was working on he was able to defend against those. It also helped that they were tapped into any computer needed. It allowed them to collect incriminating evidence to kill the suits. It was information which a good private investigator could find. They had one on permanent retainer which they worked with. The man didn't realize he had been one of the first few kidnap victims. It had been over 20 years since he had been taken and he had done well since then.

Kevin had to admit most of the donors had ended up doing well. If they had been criminals, they tended to straighten out and stop being criminals. In this case the man had been studying criminal forensics and eventually started as a P.I. He was very good at what he did which was why they called him as needed.

When the next interviewer walked in Kevin stood even as Smiles directed Blake to a seat before going to get some drinks. Kevin held his hand out and gave the man a good hand shake before he sat down, "Good morning Blake and welcome back. We have reviewed the final paperwork and with the exception of one item as of now considered yourself hired." The man had been a former gymnast, though he hadn't made it to the Olympics he had come close. If he hadn't damaged his knee during training Blake probably would have made it. He was now a well-respected botanist who specialized in working in the various rain forest's around the world. They were technically hiring him to do some research on a potential new source of a plant related to where coffee came from. Since coffee was one of their major items traded it was a valid reason to hire him.

Blake quirked an eyebrow at Kevin after he shook his hand and settled down. Before biting on the bait dangling, he turned and smiled at Smiles, "Thank you and the coffee smells excellent." He had to resist giving her the eyeball since she was a fine looking woman, "So what is the one item? If I bite and find a fishhook I will warn you I won't be amused."

Smiles wrinkled her nose at him, "I am sure medical could treat the minor wound from the hook. I will tell you a secret, I am going to show you the bait and I hope you appreciate it." As soon as she stopped talking, she dropped the shield. Normally they wore clothing which looked human but was actually suit material. In this case the shield was mimicking the clothing and underneath was her ship suit.

Blake could appreciate the returned teasing though when she mentioned she was the bait he started to frown. When the shield dropped and he beheld a female Folician, the coffee cup dropped from his hand. It made him jump since it splashed on one knee. After staring at her he turned back to Kevin and had to blink again since the male was now in a suit which looked similar to the woman's only a dark brown, "What the hell?" He started to stand since he felt like he was the butt of some joke.

Kevin held a hand up even as Smiles calmed Blake's reaction slightly, "Blake you are not being made a joke of and there aren't hidden cameras for some stupid reality joke show. What you are seeing is an Alien. An Alien as in not of this world and take me to your leaders. Smiles is a Folician and from the planet Folicia. If you wish to touch and verify what you are seeing, please do. Just no playing without asking." He knew Smiles would consider inviting him to her bed depending on how the rest of the interview went.