Chapter 3 - Misty and Blake

Blake is told Autumn is pregnant

Blake had spent the last several weeks doing his best to learn what made Folician's who they were. It had been fascinating since they were... Interesting in a way he couldn't begin to explain. Blake hadn't played the field but he had enjoyed several nights with one or two of the females. At the moment, he was relaxing in a hot spring in the building. He hadn't bothered asking how they had a hot spring, he figured the answer would bother him. It was one of the rather nice features of the building.

The first day he had been given the neural implant and the bracelets had been rather interesting. It had opened a whole new world to him and what he had been learning was wonderful. The computer access had given him access to his world which both depressed and energized him. Blake knew he was restricted from a massive amount of information though. What he had been given access to was incredible. All he had to do was think a question and a short time later he had the answer if it was answerable.

Blake had also had work done on his knee. That had been fascinating since he had been given the implant and bracelets before the work started. Since he had the implant he could follow what they were doing in both real time and 3D. There wasn't any surgery, or not what he would consider surgery. Most of the repairs had been done via nanites. What had to be manually resolved was done by something which didn't have to incise the skin. He had been laid up for several days once the repairs were done. Once done it was as if the injury had never happened. There were exercises needed but his knee didn't ache anymore.

As he was looking out a view screen, it was showing a view of the city, Autumn Solstice came over. She removed her robes and withdrew her suit before stepping into the hot spring and settled down. She leaned against him, "Do you want to talk Blake? I know you have been spending a great deal of time thinking. I don't mind talking if you need to." They had spent a night or two together but this was different. He looked like he could use someone to talk to.

Blake wrapped an arm around Autumn and leaned against her as well, "Not sure what to say. I want to say that I understand but that is a lie. How can I understand since we have more people on Earth than you have on all your worlds? We have over 7 billion people on one planet. You don't even have a hundred million between all your planets. Hell, America alone has more people than all your worlds combined. I wish I could do more than make a few babies. Even when I was young I wanted to help save endangered species. How can I look at two months and a few pregnancies and say I helped? I am not saying I want to impregnate anything walking but it almost feels futile."

Autumn turned towards him and pulled him close. She stroked his back and hair even as she was trying to think about what to say, "Blake, you are helping. You are helping us. I do mean that." She took a few moments before pulling him into a light kiss, *I don't know if it helps but I am pregnant with your pup. I was in heat when we spent time together. I know this is going to help, I am going to talk to Kevin about ensuring you know when to come for the delivery. I want the father of my pup there when I whelp.*

He leaned into her embrace and rested his head against her shoulder. Blake appreciated the attention and relaxed against her. When she mentioned being pregnant with his child he tensed and leaned back, *Really? Are you really carrying my child?* Much like Ray he was having issues with the term pups and whelping, "I will be with you when you deliver. I will talk to Kevin as well." He leaned against her again, "Would you mind if I spend the night with you?"

She gave him a light kiss and pulled him closer to her, "Come to my rooms and we can talk. I am pregnant and very rarely will any father be denied access to a whelping room. Let me comfort you and talk to you." Autumn waited to see what Blake might say.