Chapter Nine~Scarlett

SCARLETT

Zayn drags me through the Flat corridor and I pat my pockets for my phone. I pull it out and keep walking, checking my text messages.  

I had three texts from Ali.  

"Hey, where you at?" 

"Scarlett. Seriously. When are you coming home?" 

"I'm going to kill you myself. Whore."

I clicked on her contact, calling her. The phone rang twice before Ali's voice came through the line.  

"Scar?" 

"Yes, my dear." 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" 

"On a date."  

I tried to turn the volume down, knowing Zayn was listening. 

"All night?"  

"No, we went to a club, and I slept over." 

"Did you-" 

"No." I cut her off.  

"Who are you with?" 

"I, uh, Zayn." I saw Zayn's smirk grow and I wanted nothing more than to smack it off his ignorant face. 

"YOU STUPID GIRL!! I HAVE HALF A MIND TO CALL YOUR MOT-" I hung up the phone. I knew she'd call me back when she calmed down.

Zayn squeezed my hand. 

"Who was that?" 

"My roommate, Ali." I replied smiling up at him, his answering smile ruined all my senses.  

"Can I ask you something?"  

"Shoot." He says with a smirk. 

"What happened last night?" 

"You danced with every guy in sight, to make me jealous, then came up and made out with me." His smirk grew.  

"I had half a mind to take you right there." My cheeks heated up with his words, and I became flustered. He was hot.  

"Oh." I whispered. He smiled down at me. 

"Yeah." He winked and we continued our journey to Starbucks in silence.

That was, until my phone started ringing again. 

"Hello?" I answered with my Bradford accent. 

"Scarlett? Where are you? I'll come get you."  

"I'm at Starbucks, but you don't need to-" She hung up on me this time, cutting me off.  

"Allison again?" He questions. I nodded. He arrive in the warm shop, and the smell of coffee over whelms my senses.  

"What do you want?" 

"Vanilla Mocha." I smiled. He nodded and walked off to order, watching me from the line.

I picked out a spot near a window, it was a both and you could breathe. He brought over our coffees and scooted in across from me.  

"Does this count as our second date?" He asks. I laugh and shrug my shoulders. 

"I guess it does!" I say. His smile grows impossibly bigger. 

"Good. Will you be my girlfriend?" My mouth drops open.  

"Close your mouth love, you'll catch flies." I blush and nod. 

"Is that a yes to my question or my demand?" 

"Both." I reply and smile up at him. He kisses my hand and looks behind me.  

"That girl is staring at you." he whispers. I giggle, knowing who it is already.  

"What's she look like?" 

"She's got blonde hair and its kinda short and.." I turn around. 

"Hey Ali, want to join us?" She gives me a shocked expression. 

"Uh, no, I'm okay thanks." She smiles politely.  

"Well then, meet my boyfriend Zayn." He smiles and sticks out his hand. Ali puts hers in his gently and gives it a firm shake.  

"Zayn Malik." 

"Allison Itterite." Ali removes her hand as soon as she can, and turns back to me.  

"Ready to go?" She asks. 

"Actually, I'm enjoying my coffee with Zayn." I smile a tight smile up at her, hoping she gets the hint. She huffs off, and I turn back to Zayn.  

"She's just delightful!" Zayn says. 

"She's usually not like that, I don't know what's gotten into her." He nods and my phone vibrates, signaling I got a text. I pull it out pressing open.

FROM: ALI 

TO: SCARLETT 

u r so dead.

I gulped, mad Ali is scary.