Chapter sixteen~Zayn

ZAYN

Scarlett falls asleep a couple movies later, leaning into my shoulder. I stare down at her, thinking of her past.

You see, I'd had her all wrong.

She wasn't always a good girl, and I liked the fact that she had a past.

I can't necessarily say I like the fact that it's dark, but at least I know that she's not to perfect for me.

To beautiful? yes.

The girl stirs next to me and mumbles my name. I look down to see her eyes slowly blink open. 

"What time is it?" Her voice rings out, cracking.  

"'bout 12:30." She nods and sits up straighter. I pull her onto my lap, nuzzling my head into her neck, breathing in her familiar scent.

Somehow, she managed to smell amazing at all times of the day.

No matter what she was doing, she smelled like sunshine. and chocolate. and vanilla. and every good thing in the world, and she was mine.

I smiled against her neck and she giggled, pushing me away.

I fall back on the couch, bringing her with me. She snuggles her warm, small body into my side, resting her head on my chest; listening to my heart.

I smile down at her.  

"I get really cheesy at night." I tell her calmly.  

"Oh really now?" I nod. "Give me your worst Malik." I smile a bit to myself, but the words I've been thinking since the day I met her, fly off my lips without effort. 

"You feel my heart beating? It beats because of you, it beats for you." I keep my face serious and I can tell Scarlett's trying not to laugh at me. She lets out a small giggle.  

"Wooooowwww." She drags out the word, and giggles.

"Best pick up line. Go."  

I smirk, thinking of her favorite movie. The Hunger Games.  

"Are you Katniss? Because you seem to be starting an uprising in my district."  

She falls to the ground laughing and I chuckle to, both of us drunk from the alcohol we found.

Also it was now 3 in the morning.

Everything is funny at three in the morning.

Even when Perrie shows up at Scarlett's door, holding a gun to her forehead.

I pause. And take in my surroundings.

Perrie. Gun. Holding. Scarlett. Scarlett. Scared.

Fear jumps through my veins and I scream out.

"PERRIE NO!" I take a leap towards her but Perrie jerks both of them back.  

"Don't take another step, I'll shoot her right now. Don't think I won't Zayn." Tears prickle my eyes as I make eye contact with Scarlett for the first time since Perrie got there. Her eyes are screaming help me, but there's nothing I can do.

"See Zayn, baby. You should've stayed with me. This girl? She's trash." Perrie continues, taking out a random, tan  folder and throwing it down on the table, still keeping a firm arm around Scarlett's neck.

Perrie stands there for a second, before shooting the phones sitting on the coffee table, the glass shattering underneath them. She had good aim, and that scared me more.

"Mm, bye baby." She drags Scarlett out and I watch helpless as the door slams, not missing the words Scarlett mouthed.

I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this chapter really sucks, but I've been so busy. Hopefully things will calm down soon and I'll actually be able to update for real. For now there's just filler chapters that are really crappy and un proofread. I need an editor. Anyone up for the job? PM me. Thanks for reading. 

comment

vote

fan

share. 

love, 

heytherezayn69