Chapter Twelve~Zayn

ZAYN

I walk through the club door, letting the smokey atmosphere surround me.  

"Zaynnn." Harry shouts and slaps me on the shoulder.  

"Hey Harry." 

"Where ya been man?" 

"Busy." I say. Short and simply was always the way to go with these boys. 

"I met your new girl toy." He tells me with a smirk. "Real beaut." My hands curl into fists. 

"First off, shes mine. Second; she's not a toy. Third; don't go near her again, you hear me?" He nods, his eyes focused down on my fists. I uncurl them and nod, walking away.

I walk around chatting up people. My phone starts buzzing and I take it as an excuse to leave the club, not bothering to look at the caller ID.  

"Hello?" I answer when the cool air surrounds my body.  

"Why the hell do I have a huge bruise covering my stomach?" Scarlett's angry voice invades my ears. 

"I-uh." I wanted to tell her, but the words were trapped in my throat. 

"Don't bother lying Malik."  

"You fought Perrie." I say quickly. She understands it though, she's screaming next. 

"I did WHAT??!"  

"I'll be over soon." I hang up, clenching my jaw. I close my eyes, trying to calm down and relax. I shove off the wall and walk down the dark street, heading for Scarlett's home.

I ring the doorbell, and Ali slowly opens the door. She stares at me, pinning me with her gaze. I swallow nervously. She steps aside and I walk in. Scarlett slowly edges out of her room, looking at the floor.  

"Hey." Her head whips up and I nod at her, watching her every move; scared.

"Why'd you let me fight her?" Her question is so quiet I barely catch it.  

"It all happened so fast. You were standing there after Perrie slapped me-" She winces at Perrie's name. 

"Why was Perrie there in the first place?" She cuts me off, sounding even more angry. I shrug my shoulders. 

"I don't know. I saw her walk in but I didn't think she noticed us. You came over then and started kissing me and I closed my eyes for like two seconds, and then Perrie snatched you away and smacked me in the same moment. You must've gotten angry because you swung an uppercut to her jaw. You didn't do much damage, but she stumbled back, then she punched you in the stomach and-" 

"And that's why I have a bruise." She cut me off again and I gave her an annoyed look.  

"As I was saying," I continue,"She punched you in the stomach and then you punched her straight in the nose, probably breaking it. It was bleeding pretty hard." She groaned and her head dropped into her hands, shameful.

I notice for the first time she isn't wearing a full shirt. 

"The bruise looks painful." I comment. She looks at me with a sarcastic look on her face. 

"No, it feels wonderful." I chuckle quietly to myself. I move silently over to her side, kissing the top of her head. 

"Bye Scar." She smiles. 

"Bye-bye Zayn." She says like a young child. I smirk down at her before turning for the door. I wave a quick goodbye to Allison who I'd forgotten was there until then. I shut the door behind me hearing a shout.  

"HE IS SO WHIPPED!" Ali squeals. I laugh.

She had a point.