Chapter Seventeen

SCARLETT

Zayn's laughter slowly dies down and his face drops as he takes in the scene. Perrie's grip tightens around my neck and the cool metal of a gun is pressed to my forehead.  

"PERRIE NO!" Zayn jumps forward and Perrie jerks us back just as fast. I try not to make a gagging noise when she chokes me, but my eyes start to water.  

"Don't take another step, I'll shoot her right now. Don't think I won't Zayn." Zayn blinks a lot and I see his eyes start to water. He meets my eyes for the first time and he looks helpless.  

"See, Zayn, baby. You should've stayed with me. This girl? She's trash." Perrie's voice rings out, and her words stab at my heart. Perrie throws a tan folder on the table by the door, still keeping her other arm around my neck, to tightly for comfort.

We stand there for a second before the first bullet is fired. I yelp, but you can't hear it over the sound of the bullet hitting the phone on the coffee table. The glass shatters and I realize how good her aim is. The fact makes me shake and I just want Zayn to help me.

Perrie chuckles with sick humor before turning back to Zayn, putting the gun back to my forehead. "Mm, bye baby." I barely manage to mouth the words "I love you," to Zayn before Perrie has me out the door.

"Shut up slut." Perrie growls and I realize I've been crying. I don't know how long we've been in this black van, but I can only hope Perrie will kill me soon.

ZAYN

I go over to the table where the folder is and I look inside. I gasp. Scarlett hadn't just killed one person..she'd killed three..two being my parents. Tears stream down my face, even though I didn't get to know them, it still hurts me. And it hurts even more to know the girl I'm falling for killed them. Scary almost. The whole folder is about Scarlett's past, and before I know what I'm doing I run down the hallway to the only neighbor's house I know. I knock quickly, forgetting the time.

Anabel answers the door, groaning.  

"Zayn, damn it, do you realize what time it is?" 

"Can I use your phone?" I brush off her question. Her eyes widen when she hears the panic in my voice and she ushers me inside. She hands me the phone, and the tone is already sounding. I dial 911, ready to explain what happened.

Before I realized how insane I would sound.

I slam the phone down and turn back to Anabel.  

"I need your help." I tell her, urgency leaking into my tone. She doesn't hesitate to answer.  

"Anything." 

"No matter how crazy it is?" 

"I said anything, Zayn." I nod before explain the situation.  

"That is crazy." She says when I'm done with my story.  

"I know. Jesus. I know. But I need your help. Are you sure?"  

"Of course, let's go find her!"

Next thing I know, we're both packed and heading out to my glossy black mustang. I follow the trail of oil I can only hope is from the car my girlfriend is in.

The girlfriend that killed your parents. My mind reminds me.

I shake off the thought and pull out the folder, taking a closer look.  

Anabel tried to see what I was looking at from the driver's side of the vehicle but I quickly snatched the folder out of her view.  

NAME: SCARLETT DARBY EDEN 

AGE: 19 

CRIME: MANSLAUGHTER-3 

NAMES OF VICTIMS: 

JOHNATHAN EDEN-45 

TRICIA MALIK-34 

YASER MALIK- 38

WOUNDS OF VICTIMS:  

JOHNATHAN EDEN- STABBING WOUNDS 

TRICIA MALIK-CAR ACCIDENT 

YASER MALIK-CAR ACCIDENT

I started getting dizzy and put away the folder. I rested my head against the cool window. How could I not remember? I was in the car that day. I was the only one that made it out. How could I not remember the whole thing? How the car came rolling down the driveway as my family was walking? How my mom got hit first and then my dad pushed me out of the way, and got hit seconds later? It all came flooding back. And then my world turned to blackness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry if this is short! I've updated all my stories now, except for TDMHS 'cause I'm still waiting for somebody to write the smut in the chapter. Any of my readers want to? :D please? I'll love you forever! <3 anyways...let me know what you think about this chapter! many things reveiled! 

vote

comment

fan

share

love, 

heytherezayn69