part 3: KOD

A FEW MONTHS PRIOR..

Scrolling through tumblr I rolled up my last blunt, and took a deep pull from it. Exhaling and closing my eyes I planned for what I’m going to do with my financial situation, It has been 2 months since I had a job and I was on my last blunt and barely enough money to put gas in my car. I inhaled one more time and blew out slow and easy as if I was blowing all my troubles away. If only that were true, passing the blunt to my sister Gabbie picked up my phone and began to scroll through that. The only reason it was still connected was from this old head I fuck with but having to fuck a nigga twice your age for a few bills to be paid was beginning to get old. I needed something new in my life. I was beginning to get desperate.

I looked over at Gabbie with my eyes low, she was in the same boat as I was broke, with a lavish mindset.

“What about stripping?” I asked half jokingly taking the blunt away from her. I only asked because I’ve been considering it for about a week now but was waiting for the right time to pass the idea along to my sometimes highly judgmental friend.

“Pssssh, bitch please you won’t catch me shaking my ass in a club full of niggas for some dollar bills.”

“Idk girl right now I’d do anything these student loans need to get paid back and if I see one more grey hair on a niggas dick I just might go crazy.” I laughed taking another pull and taping the ashes off the blunt.

Ever since I was about 15 years old I was a free spirit my motto was “I’ll try anything twice.” As fucked up as it sounds it’s true I mean think about it the world is our playground. We only have a short time to be young but we have the rest of our lives to remain old, It’s all for a reason for a purpose. Why live life by the book, and by the book I don’t necessarily mean the bible I mean a 9-5 job which includes sitting at a desk all day struggling to pay bills, getting married, having kids living a boring life. I mean don’t get me wrong I would love a strong man beside me but as of right now ,naw. I’m too young to get married just the thought of it makes my skin crawl , I’d rather be out shaking my ass for some dollars partying every night than home taking care of 3 kids and a lazy husband.

Gabbie leaned up and looked at me to see if I was being serious. I stared into her eyes and shrugged standing up. Turning on the radio to hear Drake's 'practice' playing. Slowly winding my hips and biting my bottom lip i sat on my best friends lap and began to shake my ass while on top of her. Immediately we started to bust our laughing.

"Ugh your ass needs to be a damn stripper popping it like that bitch" She laughed slapping my ass.

"Ouch stop! but seriously I might go up to K.O.D and apply I don't know how that shit works but I mean there has to be an application process right?" I looked at her for agreement.

"I mean if this is what you really wanna do then I guess I can hit up my cousin Twan that works security at KOD, maybe he can get you an interview or some shit." Gabbie suggested scrolling through her phone for his number.

"Well if that's the case then I need to practice my moves." I said in a seductive voice and began to crawl on the floor to the music attempting to pop my ass one cheek at a time. 

Gabbie looked at me like I was crazy and threw a pillow. 

But she was the one acting crazy, it was so unlike her to just let me do something without adding her two cents or concerns. But knowing her she is just waiting for me to fall on my ass or back out at the last minute, but honestly I'm ready to live the life that I've always dreamed of and always felt as if I was made for. And if I have to shake my ass a wekk times a week for a few hundred dollars a night then so be it. 

*********

A week has passed and after bullshitting around for a few days Twan finally came through and got me hooked up with an interview at one of the top clubs in Miami King of Diamonds. I went so far as to buy a stripper pole and installed it in the living room of my apartment day in and day out i twirled on that thing as if it was a dick. Hopefully all that hard work paid off because the interview was tonight. 

I slipped into an all black fish net dress I found online and had sent to my apartment on rush delivery. The dress was sexy and border line slutty , perfect for an interview at a strip club showing  everything but my nipples. With my hair in loose curls and my make up on point I was ready to start making money. The type of bitch I am if I set my mind to it I'll get it done one way or another. (picture at the right)

The drive to the club was long and silent I guess Gabbie didn't think i'd really go through with it. 

"So are you going to talk to me or are we just going to sit in silence the rest of the way?" I asked irritated.

"I just have a bad feeling about this strip club shit Sheneka."

"Look Gabbie I know you're my girl and you're just looking out for me, but don't forget that I'm grown and you already know how I am-"

She cut me off. " If I set my mind to it , it's a done deal." she mocked me "I know bitch I've known you for years all I'm saying is be careful you know, I've heard so many stories about strip clubs and bitches getting sliced up and shit in them." She explained 

I heard her talking but it was just background music for all the thoughts that were going through my head. I loved my girl to death but I wasn't trying to hear shit she was saying right now, my head was in the game I was trying to walk out of there as a KOD stripper. 

We pulled up to the club and was greeted by Twan he looked me up and down and grabbed his chest dramatically. Twan stood at a mean 6 foot 300 pounds darkskin with a killer smile, as big as he was you'd think no one paid him any mind. Admittedly I thought he was kind of handsome, I'd never go that route with him because he's like family but he doesn't have to know that if he can open one door for me there's a possibility he can open many more especially being head security at a famous strip club where celebrities come frequently to trick off a few stacks.

" Damn Sheneka!! Your bad ass" He yelled before grabbing me for a hug. I playfully push him away and smile.

"So you approve?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Hell yeah!" 

"Aye I just wanted to thank you again for all of this Twan, even if I don't get the job."

"Looking like that if he doesn't hire you I got a job for you that's for damn sure." He cooed while licking his lips

"Okay time to go in.. BYE TWAN!" Gabbie said grabbing my hand and leading me into the club.

It was huge on the inside two levels which I figured the top level was for VIP guest and the bottom for regular niggas. Beautiful white furniture and a huge bar that seems to wrap around the main stage. I stood and awe as I watched a little light skinned woman with dimple piercing with one of the biggest ass I've ever seen make her way on stage the way she worked the pole looked so effortless the men went wild throwing money left and right. Not once did she bend over to pick anything up. Slowly and seductively she took off her shoe string thong and top. Watching her was like watching a work of art the way she moved her ass and body would be impossible for the average bitch but not her. 

"Blac Chynaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I know ya'll niggas been waiting for her all night go ahead and thrown them 20's for our girl!" The Dj yelled into the microphone.

I was broken out of my trance when I felt Gabbie yank my arm telling me she was going to go sit at the bar I nodded my head and proceeded upstairs to the managers office as I was told. My stomach was doing flips but hopefully soon so would my bank account.