part 6: My Sister's Keeper

Finally being able to get out of my outfit and into a comfortable pair of sweats and a t-shirt I threw on my sneakers and exhaled leaning back onto my locker. I shut my eyes relaxing my body but all I saw was Khleo and that amazing smile of his. I wonder if he wants me because I’m a stripper and the stereotype of all of us being easy, low self-esteemed bitches with daddy issues, or if he genuinely wanted to get to know me… the real me. Not the woman he saw swinging off the pole ass naked high off of coke with nothing but dollar signs in her eyes. Ugh what the fuck am I thinking about? Of course he doesn’t wanna get to know me he’s been in the industry since he was six years old, I grew up watching his movies this nigga wants one thing and one thing only, I mind as well be on the same page as him.

 I opened my eyes to find Chy staring at me with her face twisted up.  “Bitch what you over there in deep thought about?” She smiled as she slid a YMCMB hoodie over her head. I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth. “Nothing important bitch trust me, what you on your way to?” I asked curious. There was something about Chy that made me curious about her, her way of life and the way she operated ever since I stepped foot into the club she took on the mission of putting me under her wing showing me the ropes of the club but I wanted more, I wanted to know the real her the girl outside of the club. “I’m going to stop by the salon get my nails done and shit then hopefully hit up this listening party.” She said nonchalantly leaving enough room in between each word for me to intervene and invite myself, but I had too much pride in order to go I wanted to be invited. “ Oooooh sounds fun, I’m gonna go and sit my ass down sip on some wine and watch cartoons.” I laughed hinting for her to invite me to tag along. “You should come babe; I know your ass was waiting for me to invite you.” She laughed and pushed me innocently. “Bitch shut up.” I laughed and stuck my tongue out at her, “Let me grab the rest of my shit and I’ll meet you up at the salon.” Chy smiled and nodded in agreement before walking out. Picking up my duffle bags full of my nights work my phone began to vibrate inside of my purse. “Fuck can I have five damn minutes?” I said aloud in frustration deciding to ignore the phone call and head out.

Blasting the radio I bullied my way down the freeway bobbing my head to 2 chainz as if I was a nigga.

“I am smoking on that gas, life should be on Cinemax

Movie, bought my boo bigger tits and a bigger ass

Who he’s, not I, I smoke strong, that Popeye

Louie V’s in my archives, black diamonds, apartheid

Bread up and my top down, on the block with a block out!”

I rapped weaving in and out of the Miami traffic coming to a stop from the traffic jam in front of me I sucked my teeth in frustration and decided to check my phone. “Seven missed calls?” My heart dropped to my stomach thinking of the absolute worst as I checked to see who they were from my hand shaking frantically I called Gabbie back anticipating the worst. Ring after ring I felt as if my breathing got shallower. “Hello?” She answered with an attitude. “What’s wrong?? You called me about seven fucking times!” I leaned up in my seat waiting for her to drop an atomic bomb on me. “Nothing bitch you were supposed to meet me at your house an hour ago for our movie night!” She yelled into the phone I could hear the smile on her face. “Bitch I should hang up on you, I thought something was wrong.” A sigh of relief left my lips as my tense body began to relax again. I shook my head and laughed at Gabbie she’s been like this since the seventh grade… dramatic! “Damn, I completely forgot Gabbie I had made plans with Chy to hit up Chris Brown’s listening party and everything.” The traffic had begun to move slowly creeping on the petal I bit my lip unsure of what to do. “The bitch with the fake ass from the strip club?” She replied with disappointment in her voice.  “Yeah.” I chuckled a little to break the silence that was coming from her end of the phone. After 30 seconds of silence she finally spoke up and said “I guess we can have movie night another time then Neka, call me tomorrow.” She had hung up on me before I had a chance to respond to her.