Chapter 5

As Valerie finished her sad slap story, I became even more angrier
Lawrence should've slapped her, I don't care what the reason was.

I was upset through all of my classes. A lot of people asked me what was wrong, like they cared. When I got home, I got a tub of ice cream out of the freezer, turned on my favorite movie "Flowers in the Attic", and cried.

I don't know why I cried, but soon or later, I fell asleep.

****

The next morning i woke up feeling horrible. My head was pounding, and my throat was dry. After eating breakfast I felt a little better.

I threw on a caramel colored top with a jean jacket and my Timberlands. I made my way to school.

******
Hillary High was its normal self. Everyone was buzzing around happily, talking, like..is it just me, or is this school unnaturally happy?

I made my way to homeroom, and everyone was greeting me with smiles and "hello"s, even a sweet "you look nice !" Compliment every now and then. Suddenly I was stopped by Valerie, she was beaming and holding a brightly colored piece of paper in her hand.

She gave me a really tight hug, then stepped back to talk.

"Why are you....and everyone so happy?" I asked.

"Because! We've all been invited to Chelsey Wright's costume party!

I stood there confused, Chelsey Wright is like, THE MOST popular girl in school. And doesn't she hate everybody?

"Ok i didnt ask you to lie Vals" i stated. "What? Im not lying!
"Really? Chelsey Wright?"

"Ok, ok. It sounds a bit sketchy but, it's true! She'll literary walk up to you, and give you an invitation like your her best friend!" Valerie said.

This made me feel, glad. I finally get to loosen up and have a good time. With all of my friends acting crazy, i really needed this. We all did.

****

At lunchtime, i sat down at Valerie and i's usual table. I glanced over at Tyler's table a few times. Each time either Tyler or Lawrence was staring at me with sad expressions. When my eyes met with Tyler's, we stared for a moment. He looked at me with a look that was screaming for help.

He quickly looked away when one of his buddies snapped him into conversation.

The same thing happened in 4th period. Tyler kept glancing at me with sad eyes. I had a meeting with him today. Which I was NOT looking forward to.

Class ended and i packed up my things. I felt someone jerk my arm. I turned around to see Tyler. He looked...... upset.

"Uh...w-what time are we meeting?" he stuttered. Ugh, cut the act.

"6:00." I replied in a nasty tone. Yes, i meant for it to come out that way.

Leaving Tyler in silence, i walked out.

*****

I finished my homework and started getting ready. 5:38. Almost time to go see jerkface.

I kept on the same clothes i wore to school. What's the point of changing? And headed to the park.

*****

I sat there and doodled in my notebook. A rough hand tapped my shoulder. Of course, it was Tyler.

"Page 157" i muttered.

He swung his bookbag to the ground and pulled out his mathbook. Oh he actually BRUNG it this time.

"Mia.." He said my name, but I ignored him.

"Problems 1-15 if you need any help say something" i said my back still to him.

"Mia I do need help."

"What problem?"

".......my problem" he replied.

I turned around and saw his face. His light brown eyes were a deep shade of red with bags under them. His cheeks were tear stained. I stared.

Suddenly he embraced me in a hug. A tight hug. Why is everyone tightly hugging me today? I was shocked. I didnt even move. He pulled away and stared at me.

"Mia, im so sorry, i was a jerk .i hurt you. But i did it because-RINNNGG!

My alarm rang....tutoring session over.

*****
The next day

"Hi your invited to my costume party. Please wear a solid color dress. We have the mask and everything for you. Thanks!" Chelsey Wright quickly sped away to the next person.
I looked at the invitation.
This party was going to be big.

*******
Tonight

I picked out a dark green dress with green heels. I brushed my wavy hair down and drove to the party.

The party was at a huge house with neon lights blasting out of it. Man i know these neighbors are maaadd.
I locked my car and walked to the light infested house.

I didn't see Valerie anywhere. A butler handed me a green mask and dismissed me with a wave of his hand. He looked..pissed off. Like he had just been in a big fight and....he lost. Ha, maybe it was supposed to be his day off. I thought.
I looked around the big house. People were in the middle of the dance floor jumping to the loud music that was coming from the DJ booth. I sat down in a chair (play song up top) and watched.

After about 10 minutes i decided to go get a few drinks.

"Hello miss what can i get you?" A nice man asked me

"What's good?" I asked.

"Well we have the strawberry margarita?"

"Sure ill try that."

He handed me my drink and i walked back to my chair. I was about to sit down but i grabbed by the waist and pinned to the wall. I dropped my margarita.

"Hey what are you-

"Follmlo.e." A low toned voice commanded me. The voice sounded familiar.

I was soon grabbed by the hand and pulled upstairs. The masked guy shoved me into a room. He shut...and locked the door. I was scared....as.....hell..

He sat down beside me and studied me for a moment. "Its you." He finally said.

"W-who are you?" I panicked.

He slowly started to pull of his mask.

_________________________

#clifhangers lol
Thanks for reading!
And yeah this is unedited so....