Sneek Peek.. Sequel

Detective Stevans boot squash on the smear blood on the floor as he examine the bodies laying on the marble floor. When he entered the three story house the door was open wide. Once you got in the yard you could see two bodies laying on the floor.

Grabbing his notepad he scribble down all the things he spot was relevant.
"We have a pulse on this one." His partner Kenda said.

Stevans slip his pad back in his large pockets and came to the side of his partner. The woman was laying there in a pool of blood. Hers and the man laying next to her.

"Maybe married?" Kenda ask.
"Just because they holding hands doesn't mean they are married. Probably lovers. Whatever it is. It sure as hell is toxic." Stevans said.

Squatting down Det. Stevans place his hand on the mans neck and shook his head. "He's gone. Back up is sure taking a long time to come." He huff.

Kenda chuckled to himself. Both brothers loved their job with a passion but hated the tears of there decease love ones. But they was use to delivering bad news to families especially their families.

"While we here carefully check pockets of both victims for identification. The old lady who tried to talk across the street ran in her house like she witness it all." Kenda said.

"No need the residents who live here are Elizabeth and Mike Kane. And that man there is not Mike Kane. And make mental note to question the neighbors." He shook his finger.

"You dont think-" Kenda started but was cut off by the sirens.

Backing up to let the ambulance do their job Kenda and his brother did a quick discussion and accusations. "No i dont think so. Mike's a lawyer he know law." Stevans saod.

"I know law too. And this look like a love affair went wrong. We can disagree but we have 1 dead body, one person who might not make it and a killer out on the lose. So arguing wont make things any better. We are gonna rule this as a homicide." Kenda said stamping his paper.

Stevans nodded his head in agreement and rub his hands together. "Anything that look useful put it in the evidence bag. Also see if you can find the weapon that was use if any. Also get your camera out and take pictures so in the lab we can get a closer look. Also make sure the police put the tape outside of the house."

"Damn all that by myself. What you going to be doing?" He ask.
"Coffee break and trying to find the mans name. Thats important now. Got to get in contact with his family and break the news. " Stevans told his brother.

He nodded his head that was the important thing. Seeing the two bodies today brought a cold feeling down Kenda's spine. He remembered seeing his sister gun down in his own front lawn. She was killed by their father after he rape her. He lost two people that year his sister and his father. His dad died in prison from hanging himself once he realized what he have done to his little girl. Thats the day he realized that he was living in a cold war but he had to keep on moving.

Kenda and Stevans was different. Stevans was the take charge type of guy while Kenda was soft and lay back. During their sister funeral Kenda cried, couldn't even hold his mama as he past out on the floor questioning God. Stevans hold his mama while staring at the open casket. Getting into detective work brought back memories but also peace for them.

Liz
My chest went up and down as lights flash in my face. I could hear all types of commotion going on but i couldn't respond. I couldn't believe Mike shot me, why would he do that? He loves me why will he try to kill me. I know i wanted to leave him but that wasn't a good reason .

The even kept on playing in my mind just like my thoughts. All i could think about was Richard really died. Did his wife know what has happen? Did she blame me? Do Richard hate me from what has happen to him.

I blame me it was all my fault. I push Mike's limits. I made him do it. I should have just sat my ass down when i was told. Who knew he would have a gun. He's a lawyer for God sake.

A face i didn't see in a while appear in front of me, my mama. She died giving birth to me. When i was young i use to blame myself for her death. I always felt like an outcast when i was young. All the kids mama use to bring them cake and cupcakes for their birthday but my daddy did that. He tried to make up for it but couldn't. He didn't understand a mother's and a child love. That was a big nd a dad could never form with a child. A mother's bond starts from the womb and never ends.

Reaching out to her she shook her head and smile at me. "Elizabeth." She called out.
Her voice came in echos bringing chills my way.
"Mama." I said. She was beautiful i never got a chance to really see her. Always knew her voice and live by that and pictures. She looked just like me even better. Instead of short hair her hair was cut into a bob that touch her shoulders. She had Hawaiian skin instead of the light brown skin i had. Her face had high cheeck bones and her eyes was light brown instead of a dark brown like mines.

"My child what have gotten into you? I look down at you and shake my head. What have you done?" She ask. It pain me to see that i have disappointed my mother.

"Im sorry mama. But look im here." I said.
"Stop no you are not. You are there." She pointed. I look in the direction she was pointing into and saw me laying on the hospital bed. Blood stain the sheets as doctors operate on me. I look helpless and bad.
"You got a man kill from your love affairs." She said.

I shook my head not wanting to hear what she had to say. "Let me come with you please." I beg.
I was scared that Mike was going to come back and finish his job with me.
"Not now child. When its time Our Father will call you when you are ready. But right now is not the time." She said.

God didn't want me yet, i didn't even want me right now. Who would have ever thought i would have married my high school sweetheart and have him kill my lover and almost kill me. He committed murder and an attemptive murder.

My body felt like it was sinking then my eyes close shut. Everything was bitch black even my mind.

Sneek peek over.. But not the end of thus chapter ..

Wife Swap 2.. coming to you..

Later.. Ha! Maybe in April. Maybe before that.. Vote and comment.