Chapter Ten:

The drive back home was filled with silence not a word was even whispered. The boys ended up falling asleep as I drove back home but my thoughts were somewhere else. The little girl lingered in my mind. She was so sweet and innocent looking and it breaks my heart to see that she has to grow up in a world where bullying is such a big part of society. She is so innocent that I could never tell her the truth. I wasn't lying to her completely, when told her they were from getting hurt. I'm glad I told her what I did because she can help someone else out; it's too late for me.

The drive felt like forever but we eventually got home.  Both boys looked so peaceful as they slept I didn't want to wake them so I quietly opened my door and grabbed the groceries from the back and walked inside. I suddenly heard the door creek open and my nerves automatically had me on edge. Arms wrapped around my waist causing me to jump, "Damn sorry babe didn't mean to scare you." I release the breath that I was apparently holding "Oh It's okay Eth. How was your guys nap?"  "It was great" says Gray "but why didn't you wake us up?" "Well you both looked so peaceful I just didn't have the heart to wake you guys. "Ha well thanks babe" Ethan says as he kisses my neck. I chuckle and finish with the groceries, Grayson goes in the living room to watch tv while Ethan sits at the table and watches me.

Later that night the boys were watching some show so I snuck out the front door and sat on the step. I looked up at the beautiful twilight sky with its shades of blues and just try to clear my mind. I throw my hair in a high ponytail to try and cool down. I feel horrible it's like I can't focus. I can't think straight and my thoughts are jumbled.  My stomach feels nauseous, I'm nervous for some reason and I was shaking. I feel like I'm falling back into my old ways and honestly I'm terrified but I need to keep that bottled up for the boy's sake.

Suddenly I heard the door close behind me and I heard a deep voice. "Hey what are you doing out here all alone" asked Ethan. "Oh um just getting some air. I just really needed to clear my head." I'm lying through my teeth on that but I don't want him to know what I was really doing. "What's wrong Ash?" "Nothing...Its just I haven't been able to get that little girl out of my head." He just nods and looks from the ground to me "Yeah that was pretty intense but I'm glad you did it." "And why is that" I ask "Well it was good for the both of you because she is going to go around and make people happy. You're going to be happy knowing that she is making others happy. Trust me I know you Ash."  "Yeah but she has to grow up in a world where you are only cool if you hurt other people and watch them suffer." "I know" Ethan says in a soothing tone "Its messed up but I know she will be strong enough to make it through all of it." I look from the ground to his kind eyes. I give him a small smile and gently laid my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him as he rested his head on mine and we both looked up at the sky with its beautiful shades of blue.

~~A/N~~
Sorry guys another short chapter there may or may not be one more filler chapter just till we get to the next big pont in the story.