Chapter Sixteen:

Everyone is watching us as we walk into the building, and by us I mean me. I just walk past them all and look down at the floor when I feel something big and soft on in my hand. I look over and see Ethan's fingers intertwined with mine, he squeezes my hand trying to give me some confidence. I give him a gently smile as we walk to my locker together. Grayson doesn't even say a word as he just keeps on walking. Ethan lets out a deep sigh and rolls his eyes as he looks from Grayson to me. "What's going on with you two" I ask, "N...nothing" he responds with another sigh. I roll my eyes at him because I know he is lying.

Then I hear the click clacking of heels coming closer and closer. I feel my heart start to race and I must be shaking because Ethan notices. He gives me his giant hoodie and grabs both of my hands. "Hey don't worry I'm right here. Shes not going to say anything to you." "Hi Ethan" Rebecca says in an excited tone. I don't think she noticed me leaning on my locker behind Ethan. "Hi Rebecca" Ethan answers with annoyance clear in his voice. Rebecca just smiles and says "You know there is this party on Saturday and I was wondering if you" She gets cut off by Ethan. "No" "No what do you mean no!" "I'm with Ash so if you don't mind I would like to continue to talk to my girlfriend." He turns back around to talk to me when Rebecca pops up alongside of us.

She gives me the dirtiest look I have ever seen but she leaves which makes me feel better. I just look at Ethan and give him a smile when he leans down and gives me a passionate kiss. Then the bell rings making us separate, "I'll see you after class" says Ethan with his perfect smile. He gives me another quick kiss and then leaves to go to class. I watch him walk away till he disappears around the corner.

~Skip to after second period~

I spot Ethan in the hall way walking towards me but no Grayson. Grayson always walks with Ethan to meet me before we go to lunch. Now I defiantly know something is wrong between them and I just can't understand what it is. "Hey baby, how was class" Ethan questions as he puts his arm around my shoulders, "Ha it was boring like normal" I say looking him in his eyes and smiling. "Well well look what we have here, Ethan and his slut. Tell me Ash are you feeling any better" Rebecca says sarcastically while dragging her figure across her wrist. "It's really a shame that you didn't finish the job" she says with her devils grin.

"What the hell is wrong with you" Ethan yells, "You think that's funny or something! Telling someone to go and kill them self really?! Does that make you feel better about yourself!" His neck strains as he yells at her but she doesn't seemed phased by what he's saying at all. A crowd has gathered around us, I look at all the faces in the crowd and see one that is very familiar, Grayson.

He comes to my side and grabs my shoulders as we watch the two of them. "Come on Ethan wake up! She is nothing, a no one. You and I are someone while she gets to disappear into thin air." Anger starts to bubble up from inside me and makes my fear disappear. "Just admit it Ethan you don't love her hell you don't give a shit what happens to her. You are just desperate and waiting for someone better to come along and here she is" She says with a chuckle. That's it I can't take it anymore, I can't take this bullshit anymore! My anger turns into pure rage finally the time has come, It's my turn.