twenty-three

One week later.....Tristan's POV

If this girl does not hurry up.

I leaned on the car, which was a bad idea.

God it was hot. Why am i not inside the car with the a.c.

Finally the door swung open, reviling a 5'9 man.

"A word, please"he said to me.

I began to walk to him.

Wonder what he wants.

When i went inside Shelby was walking out.

"What are you doing"she asked looking up from her phone.

I shrugged. Honestly i have no idea where her dad is taking me.

"I need to have a word with him. You can go wait in the car" her dad told her. She gave me a confused look so i just shrugged again.

We walked up the stairs and to a bedroom.

"So what do you need to talk about, sir?" I asked being polite. I don't need her father hating me.

"I was going through Shelby's moms things and found this" he said holding up and envelope.
I looked at it. It was addressed to him. So why was he showing it to me?

"Will you read the last part" he said giving it to be.

I slowly opened it and began reading it in my head.

"Out loud please"he said, i nodded and started from the beginning.

P.s.
There is a something in the bottom of my purse. I want you to give it to that boyfriend of Shelby's. I think he is a real keeper. Tell him to use it when the time is right. I love you honey and please take care..."

I looked at the letter with a smile. It was Brenda's will

"Do you love my daughter?" He asked and i immediately knew the answer.

"I love your daughter more than any thing in this world" i truthfully told him.
I swear i was about to cry.

"Then when your ready and the time comes I want you to give her this"he said handing me the small piece of jewelry.
I took it from his hands and put it in my pocket.

"I know we never really had a man to man conversation but my wife seemed to really like you and i know Shelby really likes you. Just don't turn out like that boy Kyle or I'll have to kill you" he said making me smile, but when i realized he didn't look like he was kidding i made a straight face.

"Thank you" i said and reached my hand out for him to shake.

He took my hand and pulled me into a a hug.

"No thank you for showing my little girl what love is. Your part of the family, son."
When i pulled away we smiled at each other. His eyes were watering my eyes were watering.

"Now go, she doesn't like to wait" he said making me laugh.

I nodded my head and quickly started walking down the stairs.

I couldn't wipe the smile off me face. Even when i got in the car and she started yelling at me.

"It's about time, its so hot" she complained. I looked at her and just wanted to do it right then in there, but then i thought about it and had the perfect idea.

"Sorry, your dad just had the boyfriend talk with me" i said making her laugh.

I smiled as i pulled out the drive way.

"I'm so excited " she said in a cheery voice.

"And why is that?" I asked turned the sharp corner.

"Duh, because tomorrow is graduation" She said like i should have known.

"Yea i knew that" i smartly said.

We pulled into the dress shop.

"Why are we here?" She asked.

"You dad said you needed a dress to where under your gown" i lied.

She nodded, getting out of the car.
......

I laid down in my bed.

To: Shelby
Night beautiful ;)

Setting my phone down on the table beside me i stripped of my pants and put on some basketball shorts, but not before taking the small ring from the pocket.

..when your ready and the time comes I want you to give her this..

I was ready and the time is coming pretty soon.

......

A/n

Why did i cry at the beginning of this chapter.
Vote+comment
<3