twenty-four

Shelby's POV.

I started pacing back and forth. My hands are really sweaty and I'm  basically freaking out.

"Chill out Bee" Tristan said stopping me in my tracks.

"I cant! What if i mess up, or trip and die" i stated

"Okay listen to me very carefully" he said like he was talking to a three year old "you will be fine. You cant mess up, your won't trip and I'm pretty sure your not going to die. Your just overreacting."

I ran my hand through my head.

He's right. All I'm doing is graduating, its not like I'm going sky diving.

I guess I'm just stage fright.

Yea that's right, I'm just scared of all the people.
All the hundreds of people.

Oh god.

"Go" Tristan said snapping me away from my thoughts.

I looked over to the stage.

They called my name.

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and started walking towards the principal.

Just picture everyone in there underwear, that helps right?

"Congratulations" the principal said and shook my hand. He gave me my diploma and i took a seat next to Kaley.

"Finally we get out of this hell hole" she joked. I smiled.

Even though my life sucked when i was in this school, I'm ganna kinda miss it here.

The day in ninth grade when my mom had to bring my science project for the science fair.

Or tenth grade when she came to chaperone the schools dance.

Eleventh grade when she had to come pick me up cause my car broke down.

And twelfth grade, when she sent me to prom, when she invited Tristan in, when she would ease drop on me.

I guess what I'm saying is this is basically for her.
She is the reason I'm up here.

I looked down at my necklace. It was a locket with her picture on it.

"Congrats babe" Tristan said sitting down next to me. I smiled at him and he kissed me cheek. My face heated up.

Soon the whole class of 2016 was sitting down on the stage.

"...congratulations to you all" the principal said. Every one stood up and threw there caps in the air. Except me, those things ate hella expensive

Tristan grabbed me and pulled me, Kaley and Lucas in for a hug.

"Come on lets go celebrate" Lucas yelled.
.......

"Ugh I'm so full"Lucas said rubbing his belly.

"Yea, i think I'm ganna head home. Give me a ride Lucas" Kaley said looking at Tristan then back at Lucas.

Then they both stood up and left.

I waved them good bye as i took another bite of my burger.

"Wanna go for a walk when your done?"Tristan asked. He wasn't looking at me which told me something was wrong.

"Sure but can we go by my house first. I wanna get out of this dress" he smiled and nodded his head.

Twenty minutes later i was walking up the stairs to my room.

I shut my door and started rummaging through my clothes.
Finally i decided to just wear some shorts and a t-shirt.

When i got down stairs and back out side Tristan was standing by the mailbox, ready to walk.

"So...whats wrong?" I asked straight forward.

"What are you talking about?"he asked stopping.

"Well this is usually the part on the movies where the guy dumbs the girl."

He smirked and let out a chuckle
"You always compare things to movies"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. He's right there should be nothing to worry about. We have a good relationship.

"But now that you mention it i did have something i wanted to to tell you" he said. His happy expression faded.

I sighed
"What?"

"Okay" he started " i.....i don't think you should be my girlfriend any more."

And just like that i died inside.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe in. Tears started streaming down my face.

"No....no...no not like that...ugh i screwed it up. What i meant to say is i know we are young and stuff but i really like you, no i love you and i want to spend the rest of my life with you. I've never really done this before, but i watched tone of YouTube videos and i didn't think it would be this hard and i just realized I'm rambling..." he took a deep breath.

I wiped the tears away. I don't think i was hurt...i was confused.

"Lets just start over. Shelby will you do me the honor and be my wife?"
I stood there with my mouth open.

"Tristan...i..i"

"We don't have to do it now. We can do it whenever your ready i just want you to know that your mine....wait that sounded really protective..i.." he started rambling again.

"Yes" i said just loudly enough that he could hear me.

He froze "what?"

"I would love to be your wife, trin"

He raised a brow
"Trin?"

I smiled
"You know, my nick name for you"

"I love you bee"

"I love you Trin"
.........

A/n

Ahhhhh
I know this is kind of a crazy chapter but i needed some way to end the book.

Yes this is the last chapter and i just wanna say thank you to all the people that have been reading it.

Thank you soooo much. Ily all so much.

Vote+comment
<3