Truth Or Dare

Chapter 28

It's been 2 weeks since the incident with Ben.
I was still getting nightmares from it. I would wake up in the middle of the night because of Rosie's cries.
I sped walked towards my daughters room only she wasn't on her bed, I searched around her room and finally opened the closet to find her sitting behind a pile of clothes.

"Baby what's wrong?" I slowly approached her only to have her scoot away .

"Rosie its mommy what's wrong? Are you feeling ill?" She shook her head and started crying. I held her in my arms and rocked her back to sleep. I decided to let Rosie sleep with me again tonight.

I watched my daughter who was peacefully sleeping and I went into my bathroom and just started to cry. All these emotions that I felt from the moment Rosie was taken to finding out that Rosie's biological father wasn't Ben.
I feel so dirty and feel so stupid how can I not know who Rosie's real dad was? I heard my phone ring, I looked down at the caller and it was Kaleb. I was debating weather or not I should answer it. I haven't heard from him in 2 Weeks so I wanted to know what he had to say.

"Hello?" I heard a sigh of relief

"Oh my god Lina baby you're okay"  seriously he has the nerve to call me and act as if he's worried. Asshole

"What do you want Kaleb?"

"Lina let me explain everything "

"Go ahead and enlighten me then"

"Please open the door I'm outside" I hung up and slowly walked down and opened the door. Kaleb was standing there he looked really stressed and tired. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair is all messy.
He looked like he had been crying too. I opened the door a little wider to allow him in.  I lead him to the living room. There was an awkward silence for a good minute. I cleared my throat and began asking him what he wanted

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"
He stared at me and fixed his posture he was now slouched with his elbows on his knees.

"I'm sorry, I knew Rosie was mine the minute you brought her to school that one day. I just didn't know what to do."
I was fuming at this point.

"So you just tried to waltz back into her life. If you knew Ben wasn't the father how come you weren't there all throughout the pregnancy? I WENT THROUGH IT ALONE AND I DIDNT HAVE ANYONE THERE TO HELP ME!" I started to cry

"Do you even know how hard it was during? I was in and out of the hospital. I lost so much weight that I had to be in the ICU. You knew you were the father. You would see me during School and didn't even tell me what happened that night?"

I looked at Kaleb and he had tears in his eyes it broke my heart but I was so mad I couldn't show that I was hurting.

"Lina I swear I didn't know it was you that night I thought you were someone else. I found out that morning that I had slept with Bens girlfriend and I just panic and left.
I felt so guilty afterwards that I tried to find you. And when I saw you at school you didn't look the same you look like you were sick. And you knew how to hide your stomach because I swear I didn't notice I found it odd that you missed a whole week but then I knew you had a baby because I overheard Tyler talk on the phone about it.
But I thought it was bens not mine. But then you came with Rosie and I instantly knew she was mine.She looked nothing like Ben and she has curly hair just like I do and she has my moms smile. She's beautiful like her mother and she has a little bit of my personality when I was younger"

That was true. I don't know how Kaleb was when he was little but there are some similarities between Kaleb and Rosie.

We were both quiet afterwards. But I needed to know more.

"So when I brought Rosie that's why you threatened me to date you?" He nodded his head in response

"Well were you even gonna plan on telling me?"

"How the hell was I suppose to bring it up Lina?! Just walk up to you and say "hey Lina guess what Ben isn't really the father of Rosie I am?" The fuck? I was gonna tell you but Ben beat me to it."

"So what do you want now Kaleb? Where do we stand?" I loved Kaleb and I know Rosie does too but he's hurt me so much already could I really forgive him?

"Let's meet my parents. You, Me, And Rosie."

Not the answer I was expecting..

*********************

Hey everyone it's angelbooh. I'm sorry I haven't been writing as often. I recently had a baby and these past months I've been prepping for his arrival and now that he's here I'm too tired to do anything! But I'm back on my feet and full of inspiration.
Comment
Like
Share❤️❤️