He Knows

Chapter 4

Kalebs POV

God school is such a drag. I needed a smoke, been stressing over pointless shit. I made my way out towards the bleachers close to the student parking lot. That was my secret hiding spot considering the fact that the hall monitors never come anywhere near the bleachers so it was a perfect spot. 

I took the last puff before throwing the butt to the floor. I was starting to make my way into the school only to find Tyler Cade heading toward the student parking lot holding hands with his niece, gotta admit she's a cute kid, it wasn't long before Lina Samuels came out of the school with her stuff and made her way towards Tyler Cade and his niece.

"Hey mommy!" The little girl said

I instantly stopped walking and turned around to see the little girl leap into Lina's arms. What the hell?! She's Lina's daughter? That means Lina's a mom?! No way, there's gotta be something wrong here I mean Lina doesn't even look like the type to be a teen mom.

 Maybe I'm hearing things but then I heard Lina thank Tyler for taking her kid to his classes and told Tyler that she will see him on Monday. I'm guessing their conversation was a little long and the little girl started to grow impatient and said "Mommy let's go I'm hungry and Rosie wanna go nappy time" Lina smiled a bit and strapped her daughter into her car seat and drive off.

School ended and all I kept hearing was "what happened to Tyler's niece? Did he take her home already?"

 "Maybe but she was Sooo Cute! I hope he brings her again"Some of the gossip girls were saying. But What I want to know is if Lina Samuel's  is really a mother, how come nobody in this school knows about it? Either way I'm curious and I'm going to find out.

Finally Monday morning came around but all weekend I kept Facebook stalking Lina's page to see if she really was a mom but all her pictures are private but her profile picture was her Tyler Cade and her daughter.

 I still couldn't believe that she was a mom, I mean she doesn't even look like one. She looked so pure and innocent. I was determined to figure out the truth and when Monday came I couldn't wait until home base.

Well well well. Little Miss perfect has a secret.

 I arrived late as usual nothing new, I saw Lina at our table looking through her phone, biting her fingernails as if she was nervous or something. I took a seat beside her and pulled out a piece of paper and pen.

Wasting no time I wanted to know everything. Even though I was well aware it was none of my business but I can't help it. Curiosity does kill the cat.

I wrote down '" know your secret'" and gave it to her.

She stared at the paper for a couple of seconds and played it cool 

"what secret?"

I smirked and wrote back " That was your kid on Friday."

As soon as she read it her eyes went wide and all the color from her face drained. She looked at me with complete and utter shock.

"How did you know?" She stuttered

I smirked and looked at her " did you think you could hide your secret for long?"

She maintained a poker face, The bell rang. Thank god I was a craving a cig. I got up from my seat leaving Lina alone in her thoughts.

I made my way towards the door until I heard her call my name.

" Yes?" I asked. I was interested in this girl but I couldn't show that so I have to play it the way I always do. 

"Kaleb, what can I do to make you keep my secret?" She asked suddenly, Gotta admit it was pretty unexpected. Caught my attention.

"Tell me I'll do anything please don't tell anyone" She added. Now I know i can take this and work it towards my advantage.

I thought long and hard I turned to her with a smirk on my face 

"I won't tell anyone" she looked relieved. 

"but only if you go out with me" she looked dumbfounded. Before she could respond I walked out the door.

"You're kidding right?" I pray that he is kidding.

"Does it look like I am kidding cutie?" He faked pouted but then he turned serious. 

"That isn't logical. Lets think about it."

"See that's what you are doing. Thinking. Why don't you just live for the moment?"

"Ha cause last time I did that I got pregnant and - You know what even though I think this is absolutely ridiculous I will think about it. Am I allowed to think about it?"

" Whatever you wanna do cutie" With that note I started to walk away. He yelled out 

"But remember I don't like being kept waiting. Now I hope you think long and hard about this because it can or cannot destroy your senior year."

I turned around quickly and I was in front of him. 

"Was that a threat? You think you can do whatever you want because you are rich and daddy invested into this school? Its people like you that bring fear into others but not me. I am not scared of you. I just prefer to lay low like I have been doing all 3 years of this hell so one more year wont matter." 

I walked away proud of my little speech. I finally reached my lockers and pretty much had a mental breakdown. I really have a way of getting carried away when I stand up for myself but that can be a good thing. Right?

After everything I saw Kaleb walk in through the double doors of the cafeteria. His eyes locked mine and he shot smirk my direction. 

I got up and made my way towards the locker rooms. I had to talk to Tyler about this.