Game Day

Chapter 12

Flashback*

"Hey Ben it's me again just thought I'd let you know that I'm in labor and I'm still waiting." That would be my sixth time calling him

My phone rings and it was Ben

"Hey you on your way?" I asked

"Ha you wish I'm just calling to let you know that I don't want anything to do with that mistake." I can hear a girl in the background but I was too shocked at the moment. He hung up after that and that's when the nurses and doctor came in

"You ready Ms.Samuel?" After a long time of agonizing pain and pushing as my life depended on it Rosie Sayuri Samuels was born.

"Welcome to the world Rosie"

End of flashback*

I want my daughter" Ben said over the phone.

"Ha! Hell no! She's mine and you're not gonna take her away from me" I argued

"I have every right! I'm her fucking father!" now he's pissing me off.

"Since when you decide to become a father? last time I needed you you weren't there! i had to deliver by my fucking self Ben while you were off fucking my cousin for all I cared while I was in pain and depending on you to be there for me and Rosie, you can't disappear from mine and Rosie's life for three years and come back all of a sudden and expect us to welcome you with open arms? that's not how it fucking works!!" I was furious I still remember the day I called Ben and told him I was in labor and he was cheating on me with my cousin, my parents died a few months before she was born. They were on their way to England for a business trip and their plane crashed. I was devastated. All the memories came back and my eyes were stinging with unshed tears.

"Just wait Lina I will fight for my daughter and I will win"

"You come anywhere near my daughter you will die by my hands the last thing I want is to ever hand over my daughter to father that didn't want anything to do with her!" I hung up and fell to the floor and just cried. I was terrified, What if he fights and wins? I'll never forgive myself. I would die if I didn't have my daughter with me. The phone rang again this time it was Kaleb.

"Hello?" I tried to sound as normal as possible but it didn't work

"Lina? what's wrong? you okay?"

That's when I couldn't handle it I started sobbing over the phone

"Lina!? Lina?! I'm coming over! don't move!" and with that Kaleb hung up.

Kaleb got to my house in under 15 minutes. The doorbell rang and I got

up and answered. Kaleb was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt and a beanie

"Lina! what happened? are you okay?" I didn't respond instead I walked towards and hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I was crying again. He gently pulled away and pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. He walked into my house and sat me down at the dining room couch.

"Lina? what happened?" He asked I looked up at him he had anger, Confusion, and concern look on his face. "Babe?" he asked once again.

"Sorry you had to come all the way here kaleb." I whispered.

"You're important to me Lina, I wouldn't mind driving all the way here just to see you." That made me smile.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked. I sighed. I guessed I should tell him. I trust him enough.