Mr & Mrs. White

Chapter 29

I walked into the room where Rosie was sleeping peacefully. I thought about what Kaleb said and I don't think that'll be a good idea. I mean what would they even think of Rosie and me? Would they even accept us?
Only one way to find out I guess. I've dealt with judgment before so it really won't make a difference if his parents judge they way I chose to live my life. I shook the thought out of my head and snuggled closer to Rosie and sleep took over.

**Saturday Morning**
I woke up and got Rosie ready She was currently watching tv while I was finishing up my makeup. Today was the day Rosie and I will meet kalebs parents, it was my only day off and I assume he had already told his parents. Just as I finished up I heard the bell ring.

"Mommy! Door!" Rosie yelled not moving from her spot.
I went to open the door and Kaleb was there he had a little Minnie Mouse plush doll in his hands. Rosie peeked out from the room and noticed Kaleb at the door and ran to him.

"Uncle Kaleb! You're here!" I looked at Kaleb and noticed that his eyes were filled with hurt. I felt bad and part of me felt like I should tell Rosie that Kaleb is her real dad but I feel that it's best if Kaleb and I both sat her down and told her. I looked at Kaleb and he was hurt that Rosie called him uncle instead of daddy.

"Rosie baby Kaleb and I need to tell you something" she nodded and we made our way towards the living room.

"So Rosie remember when Kaleb and I started dating and you called him daddy?" She nodded her head while holding her new plush doll.

"Well-" I sighed because I didn't know how to explain this situation to a three year old.

"Kaleb is your daddy Rosie. Not Ben" she just looked at both of us and we thought she was gonna say something along the line of 'no bens my daddy' but she just smiled and said "I know he's my daddy."

Kaleb didn't say anything he just got up and walked over to Rosie and hugged her real tight. It made my heart melt.

"So ready?" I nodded and we made our way to kalebs house. Here goes nothing.
----------------------------------------------

We arrived and I felt nervous and nauseous mostly nervous. Kaleb noticed that I was scared and he took my hand in his and gave it a little kiss. He carried Rosie in his arms and held my hand and we made our way into the house.

"Mom? Dad? Jamie, Jason? I'm home!"
His parents and two brother came to welcome us and they all noticed Rosie first.
"Hi you must be Lina. Kalebs told us all about you." I shook all of their hands and they turned to Rosie
"Awh and is this your little sister?" The oldest brother Jason I believe.
"Um no everyone this is Rosie our daughter." Kaleb answered. Everyone stopped what they were doing.

"I'm sorry did I just hear you say 'our' as in yours and Lina's?" His mother asked and looked shocked I mean I would too if I was her.

"Yes mom our daughter, mine and Lina's"
Everyone looked so mad. You can cut the tension with a knife.

"Son, that's impossible I don't remember you telling us THAT YOU GOT A GIRL PREGNANT!" Rosie got scared and started to cry. I immediately took her and tried to calm her down. But she still seemed pretty scared so Jason and Jamie kneeled down eye level to Rosie and smiled

"Come here cutie, you can come hang out with your uncles" Jason said and Jamie carried her off towards the kitchen.

"Let's finish this conversation in the living room" kalebs dad said. There was a long awkward silence. I honestly felt like mrs. white was staring into my soul. her gaze was so intense, that it made me shift in my seat.

"So you're telling me that Rosie, that little girl is your daughter kaleb?" Mr. White asked. Kaleb nodded his head, then they both turned their attention towards me.

"Lina? What is it that you are trying to do? Is it money that you want?" Mrs. White asked.

"No ma'am I never needed money, you have it all wrong- Oh DO WE?! YOU EXPECT US TO SIT HERE AND LET YOU RUIN OUR SONS LIFE BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE?!" I flinched when she said that but then again something in me just sort of snapped.

"ROSIE IS NOT A MISTAKE! WITH ALL DO RESPECT I DIDNT ASK FOR THIS! AND YOUR SON TOOK 3 YEARS TO FINALLY ADMIT THAT HE IS THE FATHER! I RAISED ROSIE ALL BY MYSELF WITH NO ONES HELP. SO IF YOU THINK THAT ROSIE RUINED YOUR PRECIOUS SONS LIFE THEN HE WONT BE APART OF HER LIFE! WE DONT NEED MONEY I WAS DOING FINE BEING HER ONLY PARENT"

I was furious, Kalebs mom looked guilty and kalebs dad had a poker face. I couldn't tell what was going on in his head but whatever It was i didn't wanna stick around for it.  I got up and went to get rosie.

" come on babygirl we gotta go" i grabbed rosie and he things and we walked out the Manor. I couldnt stop the tears from rolling down, we made to the end of the road when someone stopped us. I looked up to see who it was and to my surprise.

" Tyler?"