I Love You

Chapter 34
Tyler's POV
I finally arrived at Lina's new house.  It wasn't anything big, it looked pretty old and beaten down but it still looked good. I saw her familiar car parked in the driveway.

"Bro its like 10pm, maybe we should just come back tomorrow morning." I couldn't go home, I wanted to see Lina and I knew Jake wanted to see her and Rosie.

"Jake can you try calling her?" he nodded and took out his phone, apparently when he told our parents what we were doing they suggested that we should stay the night or else they'd be worried about us driving back.

I heard the phone ringing, I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. At that moment I heard her sweet voice through the other end.

"hello?"

"Lina! thank god you answered. Are you okay? we haven't heard from you all day."  Jake asked. I stayed quiet just listening to her sweet voice made my heart skip a beat.

"We are fine Jake, I'm sorry I didn't mean to not reply back, I just didn't know if Tyler got the letter I left him." I signaled Jake to stop talking and to hang up. He shot me a confused look, I showed him what I was planning on doing and he smiled and told Lina that he'll call back because there was someone on the other line.

"Okay goodnight, Tell Tyler I said goodnight."

"Will do!"

I got out of the car and practically ran up to her door. I probably stood outside her door for what seemed like an hour when in reality it was probably like a minute.

I finally knocked on her door, so many thought were running through my head and I knew that I had to tell her that I loved her right here right now. I waited and then I noticed the light turn on. she seemed to be hesitant to open the door.

She finally opened the door and she looked like she had seen a ghost. but yet I could read the guilt in her face and a little bit of relief?

"Goodnight?" I shot her a smile and I saw tears starting to form in her eyes. Almost instantly I grabbed her tightly and kissed her.

=======================================================================

Lina's POV

I just finished the last box of clothes away in their rightful drawers when I got a call. I saw Jakes caller ID and answered. I felt horrible for leaving without goodbye.

"Hello?"

"Lina! thank god you answered. are you okay? we haven't heard from you all day?" my heart clench, I really hate lying to them and I feel really bad for not saying goodbye or tell them where we were, but hopefully they'll understand soon.

"We are fine Jake. I'm sorry  I didn't mean to not reply back, I just didn't know if Tyler got the letter I left him."

After a while Jake told me that he had call on the other line. "Okay goodnight, tell Tyler I said goodnight."

"Will Do!" I chuckled and hung up. maybe Tyler didn't get my letter. maybe its better this way. save the heartbreak right? I connected my phone back to the charger when I heard a knock on the door.

Wonder who is here at 10pm. I slowly walked own the stairs and turned on the lamps. I stood there looking at the door debating on weather I should or shouldn't answer. well I already alerted whoever was out there that I was up and at the door.

I slowly opened the door and I swear I felt like the air was knocked out of me. I looked and saw Tyler in front of me. what is he doing here?

"goodnight?" he shot me a breathtaking smile and I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. What happened next was unexpected. He grabbed me tightly and kissed me.

Instantly I felt sparks and my heart was pounding in my chest, I felt butterflies in my stomach. every cliché thing you could imagine. We pulled away a little breathless.

"I love you Lina" well the butterflies in my stomach were doing summersaults
I couldn't find the words to say. The fact that this was the confession I have been waiting for so long, Now that it happened, I don't know what to do.

We stood there for a minute until Rosie came into view.

"Mommy? What's going on?" She rubbed her small eyes and then she looked up at Tyler and jumped into his arms.

"Hey what about me?" I looked over at the door and I saw Jake standing there. Rosie then let go of Tyler and ran towards Jake.

"JAKEY!" Rosie had been asking to see Jake all day today and Everytime she asked I Felt Bad for making up excuses.

"Hey baby girl! I Missed you!" Jake then takes Rosie to the living room or kitchen.

Tyler and I awkwardly stood there, Not muttering a single word to one another.

"So Lina I Meant everything I said. I Love You and always have. It's just when you got pregnant I didn't think there would be hope for us at all, but after everything that has happened it made me fight for you even harder."
I can feel the tears starting to form again. God I'm such a crybaby. 

"Lina I know that this is a one sided love but-"

"Shh, hey, you can't assume that when you haven't even heard what I had to say."  He then motioned me to continue.

"I love you too Tyler. Not just as a friend but I have always loved you since the 4th grade"  Well great way to break it down to Him Lina

"You See when I heard that I Was Pregnant no one stood by me or supported me the way you did and for that I'm always grateful but my feelings for you never faded. In fact they just kept getting stronger To a point where I had to leave." Hence the reason why I left

"My feelings for you just became too overwhelming and I thought that if I had confessed, you wouldn't of felt the same way and if that had happened I honestly wouldn't know what I'd do."

Tears were flowing and I felt Tyler's warm embrace. He kissed the top of my head.

"Oh Lina, you have no idea how long I've wanted to say that to you. And I'm happy you feel the same way."

"I love You Lina"

"I love you too Tyler"

We ended our confession with a sweet kiss. Then made our way towards the living room where Jake and Rosie were fast asleep.

I chuckled and told Tyler to take Rosie while I woke up Jake. Tyler gave me a nod and went and grabbed Rosie.

"Jake? Hey go to sleep in Rosie's room. It's upstairs the first door to your right. She'll meet you there"

Jake got up tiredly and managed to make it into Rosie's room without toppling over like a drunk man.

"It's Been a long night. We should go to bed."  We made our way up to my room. Tyler went to grab a pillow and a sleeping bag when I grabbed his hand.

"Sleep with me tonight."

I can tell he was shocked at first but instantly agreed.  We got situated and comfortable. Tyler's arms wrapped around my waist. Ignoring the tingles I was getting I managed to say something.

"Thank You, for coming." He leaned down for one more kiss and gave me a breathtaking smile.

"For You I'll Go the distance my love."

Shortly after we fell asleep and For the first time in years I felt safe and warm.  I love how this feels and never want to let it go.