16| ''She's Nathaniel's fiancé''

A/N: A picture of Keira's dress in the media.

JETT

I didn't know why having Bambi sleep next to me was calming. I woke up at five pm, staring at her face.

There were still tear streaks down her rosy cheeks, and with a hesitating finger I brushed away the golden strand that lay over her lips. She had been through a lot, we both had.

I breathed in slowly, I had been so used to being alone that sharing my bed with another being had become an alien idea. Nevertheless, as I looked at her, I felt that there was something bigger awaiting us. And that it would take us both, if we wished to make it through.

KEIRA

When my eyes finally managed to open lazily, the alarm clock on Jett's nightstand read a 22:34. I groaned slightly, before straightening up, wiping my mouth. Thankfully, it came away dry and when I finally got into a sitting position, I realised that I was alone in bed.

My hands touched the side of the bed where Jett had been lying, and my fingers came away with a disappointing cold.

A derisive giggle bursted from my lips, how could I think this way about Jett? Jett the grey eyed asshøle god?

His kisses and touches had been beyond sweet yesterday, and it had been the best night of sleep I had ever had since my parents' death. There was something about having someone hold you close.

I pressed my hands against my heated cheeks before swinging one leg out of bed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To my surprise, no one had come to annoy me.

Brianna nor Brandi had come fuss about how I looked, how my hair was in a messy bun and how I had dark circles under my eyes. I made a point to not look in the mirror that day, but the few times that I managed to catch a glimpse were horrifying.

No wonder Jett had left before I woke up.

As the day progressed quietly, I managed to take a bath - with extra bubbles - to make me feel better before washing my hair thoroughly.

When I had towelled my hair dry, I slung the wet towel over my head as I headed downstairs, wearing a long grey shirt, soft pink socks and of course - my white granny panties.

The moment I got into the kitchen, however, I stopped in my tracks.

Vincent looked up just on time, I felt his eyes scan me up and down before his handsome face broke into a grin, 'Sleeping beauty has awoken'.

I sent him a lifted brow, 'What are you doing here?'

'Edmund needs me for party preparations,' he grinned, folding his arms, 'I'm a much needed man, bella'.

'Of course you are,' I teased before moving towards the fridge, 'You just sitting here alone?'

A soft cough sounded, and peeking past the double fridge door, I felt my eyes narrow.

Nathaniel looked sheepish and guilty - as he should - with a file under his arm and a weak smile on his face, 'Keira'.

I huffed once before turning back to look for my yoghurt.

'I think we need to talk,' Nathaniel sounded once more and I watched as his fingers closed around the fridge door, inching it close gently but firmly.

'I don't want to talk,' I retorted, refusing to meet his green eyes before tucking a pack of milk under my arm, 'Now, if you'll excuse me'.

As I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, he caught me again. His hand on my arm, 'Keira, please'.