23| ''Isobel Frost''

A/N: Picture of Keira van der Laine in the media.

A/N: shameless self promotion --> PLEASE CHECK OUT ''HYBRID'' IF YOU LOVE SCI-FI (I promise you love) OR ''SALT & SUGAR'' FOR PERVY ROMANCE OVERDOSE (I promise you love this too) <3

KEIRA

Jett and I watched Julian enter the house. He wasn't a dog this time but a snake.

When Jett had suggested that he turn into a mosquito Julian had scoffed and said he would not.

'Is he going to be alright?' I whispered, watching the white python slither through the screen door after having bit a hole in it.

Jett sighed, 'I doubt there will come a day when Julian isn't alright'.

'Have you known him for long?' I whispered, talking just to soothe my own worry. I watched Julian's tail disappear promptly from view but the house stayed eerily still.

Jett's hand was on my shoulder - a reassuring gesture I was grateful for, 'I've known him since I started going to the Lounge'.

'Has he been there for long?'

'Lady Eluen recruited him after she saw what he could do'

'What can he do?' I asked, turning to look at him.

Jett smirked, 'He's a good womanizer and half of Elixir Lounge's guests are female patrons'.

Despite the situation I felt myself smile, 'I wouldn't have expected less from him'.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The wait for Julian may have only took seven minutes but it felt like seven hours.

When the screen door finally opened Jett and I both ducked further under the bushes even though Jett had assured me he'd put a camouflage barrier up.

I hardly held in the gasp.

It wasn't Julian, but Rosie.

My heart thudded in my chest as I watched her unlock the van with Vincent's key and opened the back. When she disappeared back into the house, it didn't take long before she came out again, Pixie and Roran hanging over her shoulders like slabs of meat.

'Fücking hell,' Jett cursed under his breath from beside me.

I watched with wide eyes, finding it hard to believe that the petite Rosie could lift both of them. She slung them into the van before going in again and when I made a move to dash for the van, Jett pulled me back.

'We can save them now,' I whispered, my eyes flickering from him to the van.

He shook his head, 'She's going to be out soon. If we make a mistake we'll be in that van too'.

We locked eyes for a full minute before I hunched back down, biting my lip so hard I tasted blood.

It took Rosie three trips to get everyone into the van and then she closed it, sliding into the driver's seat. Soon the van had started up and it backed up.

'What are we going to do?' I whispered, 'We can't just let her go'.

I watched Jett's jaw lock and then unlock before he started whispering something. It seemed like an unknown language but goosebumps formed across my skin as he spoke and soon enough the dirt near our ground seemed to move. It was nearly unnoticeable but it moved towards the van as if the wind was blowing at it.

In a nearly invisible layer, it coated the back of the van as it rode away.

'What was that?' I mouthed, my eyes wide.