19| ''I loved her''

A/N: Picture of Jin in the media - the male character of my newest story: 'Salt & Sugar'. Please go read it to drool more over his delicious face, haha!

JETT

'Is she awake yet?' I asked, the moment I entered Vincent's room.

I still didn't know if using the Clairmont vacation home as a temporary hideaway was a good idea. The surgeon family had always been extremely close to Edmund, and despite my friend's reassurances, I was still waiting for the moment that his parents would purposely or accidentally slip this information to Keira's uncle.

'No, she's better though, wounds are healing,' Vincent answered monotonously without turning.

We were holed up in the basement, away from the prying eyes of human servants and with Sorcha's temper, they hadn't dared venture to the room underneath the house. Finding Keira had been a nightmare that we hardly escaped, and we had our own wounds to take care of.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'Bambi? Bambi!' I growled, shaking the woman tied against the wall.

If I had never felt feelings towards the van der Laine woman before, they sure were coming up now. She was bleeding everywhere, her cheeks and chest area where the clothing had been peeled away. Some were deep, shallow or still healing. Whatever they had forced her to do, she had suffered from it and whatever van der Laine healing power she possessed she apparently wasn't using it on herself.

'Fück!' I growled, hitting the wall she was tied to with my fist and ignored the blood that trickled down; mingling with hers that was already dried up upon the brick. I took a moment to gather myself before I mumbled curses under my breath as I broke the chains that held her.

It had been some time since I had used my powers on something else than Madame Mercy's carefully constructed private lessons but now it was exploding from within me.

The moment I had her in my arms, I ran.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'You should take a break now,' Sorcha whispered, her red hair a bird's nest as she put a hand on Vincent's shoulder. I watched my friend turn, kissing her on the crown of her head before they both sat down onto one of the old couches against the wall.

Blaze and Pixie were doing groceries and I took in a deep breath before I stepped towards the stretcher Vincent had managed to steal from his father's workplace. We had tried to make it as soft as possible for Keira, but she still writhed in pain when she dreamt.

Stopping near the bed, I dimmed the light and pulled the office chair next to the stretcher.

She looked horrible.

I traced a finger over her cheek where Vincent had managed to give her multiple bandaids and small stitches. I had been frustrated with him, that he couldn't make her better but he had explained to me that van der Laine's were on the top of the pyramid when it came to healing and that it would take someone of the family if we wanted to heal her to perfection.

Her lips were bruised and pale, and without looking I pulled the blanket over her, not wanting to look at the nasty piece of work that Vincent had been trying to heal the past few days. Someone had stabbed her deep, and the healing work that had most likely taken place soon after had been unhygienic and patchy.

I balled my fists, feeling the fury run its path through my veins before she let out a sigh and her eyes moved under her eyelids. I gripped her hand before I knew it, 'Keira'.