24| ''Run''

A/N: A rough picture of Lionfield Manor gates in the media. 

JETT

'Jethriel Lionfield,' the girl chastised, her hands on her hips as she looked at the boy who was hiding in the forest. The boy turned around, his expression having something alike a deer caught in headlights. 'What do you suppose you're doing?' she said, though it seemed like she had a hard time keeping the stern expression on her face.

'Nothing,' he answered, turning around as he smothered the cigarette in the hand he hid behind his back.

'You're lying,' the girl answered haughtily, her arms crossing.

The two looked at each other before the boy grinned and they both erupted into laughter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'You can't hold it like that,' I whispered, leaning over Isobel.

She whipped around to look at me but a handful of blond locks slapped me in the face instead, 'Well, if you're not here to teach me what are you doing?'

'I'm trying, it isn't my fault your brain isn't fully developed yet,' I joked back, earning another hair slap in the face.

She huffed, 'I'll have you know that playing snooker isn't my favourite past time'.

'You were the one who wanted to learn it,' I shot back, gulping as she leaned down onto the table, her åss rubbing me in my crotch, 'I have much better things to do as well, you know'.

'Like smoking and jerking off?' she commented breezily and giggled when I bit her ear.

'No. Your mother would have a heart attack hearing you talk like this, Miss. Frost'

'What my mother doesn't know won't hurt her,' she answered before turning around.

I stared into those blue eyes until I felt them swallow me whole, 'My offer still stands'.

'Eloping is not an option,' she whispered back, her voice sounding pained as she kissed me on the forehead, 'Our families will not stop searching for us, and we will taint the Elrioud line'.

I growled, 'Just wait till they announce which bastard they would have you marry, I'll protest then'.

'Oh Jethriel,' Isobel sighed, running her slender fingers down one side of my face, 'there really might be no possibility for you to change anything about the engagement'.

'I'll say we've already bonded,' I whispered back, keeping my eyes on her as she unbuttoned my shirt.

Isobel laughed, a tinkly happy noise that conjured an automatic smile on my part, 'I do love your persistence, Mr. Lionfield'.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'You have got to be kidding me,' I whispered, my eyes darting in between my parents, 'Isobel? It wasn't like any of you didn't know we-'

'What you do in your free time does not concern me, Jett,' father spoke, his voice calm as he stood before the window. His hands were crossed behind his back and the matching wedding band he shared with my mother glinted in the faint Autumn sun.

Mother sighed, sinking into the plush cushioned seat beside me, 'I understand how you feel, my dear. But it has been done, it's always been like this - it's tradition'.