Chapter 6: Trouble When Decorating

Sci-Twi went to go get Sunset Shimmer as she was outside, in front of the steps of Canterlot High. "Sunset Shimmer, are you here?" she said as she looked around her surroundings.

"I'm over here, Twilight!" the bacon-colored haired girl said as she raised her hand, walking directly to her.

"Oh.. Great! You have to come inside with me, Sunset." Sci-Twi said as she placed her purple hand on the silver railing, that was supporting the left side of the front steps.

"How come?"

"I'll fill you in, on the way," Sci-Twi said as she took another step.

★★★★★

"And that's why, we're here!" Sci-Twi said as she put her hands out to the ' 'now' filled up gym with people.

"I've got to hand it.. to Pinkie, on this one." Sunset put her hand out to the group of volunteers that included Lyra Heartstrings, Timber Spruce, Sweetie Drops, and some others. "For making this..seem fun, even, if it's just for the decorating."

"That's what, I was aiming for!" Pinkie said as she bounced up. "Since.. everybody is here, let's get to decorating!"

The high school students got the decorations from the gym and they used them to start decorating outside. Placing stands that sold yummy food, sweet delicacies, and soothing beverages. Booths that contained small..yet fun games.

A certain group of young girls were working together to put the white banner that said 'Winter Carnival' in blue letters. Sweetie Belle was holding the ladder steady as Apple Bloom was trying to adjust the right side of the white banner. Scootaloo was adjusting the left side of it, while Babs Seed was holding the ladder she was on. "Almost got it!" Apple Bloom said as she leaned a bit more to adjust the banner correctly.

She was about to adjust it by reaching out her right hand more, "Woah!" Apple Bloom screamed as she was about to fall off the ladder.

"Apple Bloom!" her friends said as they were worried about her.

Luckily, Applejack was near by and she saw her little sister in danger. She quickly dropped the decorations that she was holding in her hands. Running towards her in a hurry, "Not on my watch, you don't..Apple Bloom!" Applejack said as she took out her rope-like lasso, using it to catch her sister out of the way.

"You gotta, be more careful, Apple Bloo--" Applejack was cut off by Sweetie Belle screaming. She was screaming because the ladder was going to fall on top of her.

"Not my sister!" Rarity yelled in a worried tone with her hands to her face, as she ran.

"Not Sweetie Belle, too!" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo said.

"Sweetie Belle!" a certain person ran and grabbed Sweetie out of the way, like a soft tackle to the ground. The ladder fell down flat on the snow, making a loud noise. "Are you alright, Sweetie Belle?" the boy inquired as he held her close to his chest for protection.

Sweetie blushed as she was in close contact with him, "Yes, I'm alright, Button Mash. Thanks, for saving me." she smiled with her eyes closed.

"No problem," Button said as she got up and reached out his hand to her. She gladly took it and blushed even more on her cheeks. Rarity ran to her, "Sweetie Belle, are you..ok? Do you have any scratches?" she looked at Sweetie Belle's face for any scratches, bruises, or cuts.

"Rarity, I'm fine! Button saved me." Sweetie said. "And..please stop embarassing me, like that."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to see, if you're okay. I'm glad, you're fine," Rarity said as she was being a over protective big sister.

"Thanks, Applejack.. for the save." Apple Bloom said.

"You have to be more careful, with your surroundings." Applejack said as she unraveled her lasso around Apple Bloom.

"I'm sorry, I promise, I'll be more careful."

"The same goes, with you, Sweetie," Rarity said as she pointed to her younger sister.

Sweetie had a mad look on her face, "Rarity! You're being too over protective! It's already over, there's no need to worry a lot, about me," she said as she didn't want to get humiliated again.

"Fine, sis.. you win." Rarity crossed her arms. She was about to walk away, until she turned to Button Mash, "And, thanks, Button, for saving my sister." she said as she wanted to thank him.

"You're welcome." Button said. Rarity nodded and walked away. The Crusaders weren't allowed to put up the banner anymore, after what just happened. So Big Macintosh, Rainbow Dash, Timber Spruce, and Applejack placed the banner instead.

_____
If you don't know who Button Mash is, I might freak out...I love him, he's awesome! People like me ship him with Sweetie Belle, because of the video he was in....On the left to Sweetie Belle is Button Mash....in the picture. The Internet video they were in is called Don't Mine At Night by the brony YouTube channel: JanAnimations
It's catchy, in it, you'll see Sweetie blush. The video is on top^_^