Chapter 21: The Windigos Are Coming

Scootaloo almost bumped into Rainbow Dash with her scooter. "Look out!" she quickly stopped her scooter's speed with her right foot on the ground. Rainbow opened back her eyes to see that Scootaloo was just an inch from her. "Hey! Watch the.. CIDER!" she held her glass bottle of apple cider close to herself, protecting it.

Scootaloo giggled in a nervous tone. "Sorry, Rainbow Dash, we were in.. a rush to get here."

Rainbow glared at the girl, who she thought as her own little sister. "Well, just remember..to not mess with me and my cider, or else.. you'll regret it!"

Scootaloo gulped, "I'll be sure to.. remember that." when Rainbow wasn't looking at her, she whispered to Applejack. "What happens to her.. if she doesn't get her apple cider?"

Applejack cupped her right cheek as she whispered into her ear. "Trust me.. you don't want to know, I've seen worse with Rainbow, and let me tell you... It ain't a pretty sight to see."

Scootaloo's eyes widened. "I would give you a piece of advice and tell you to not mess with her and her apple cider."

Applejack then broke the soft silence. "So... What did you girls need?"

Apple Bloom's eyes widened. "Oh, right! We have some urgent news.. to tell you, Applejack and.. yer friends."

"Come on, spit it out! What the hay, is the news?"

Applejack's sister was afraid to tell the news, "I--Um..."

"So," Sweetie Belle cut her off. "Applejack, it's The Windigos! They are.. coming! We saw them!"

Applejack's jaw dropped open, hearing the news. "Are you.. serious!?"

"Yes, we are."

Rainbow opened up her glass bottle of apple cider, her eyes sparkled with a urge to drink thr fizzy goodness that she had been waiting for... To get a taste of. "My sweet-sweet..apple cider! How... I've been waiting.. to get a taste of you and your delectable goodness, you're all.. mines now!" she started to drool and chuckle to herself, about to drink the beverage as she closed her eyes. "Nothing..will stop me, now!"

But, something did stop Rainbow Dash from drinking her own apple cider, it was Applejack. She jumped out of the stall that sold apple cider, "Cover me, Big Mac! I know we're on break, but some customers might want to.. buy apple cider. I'll be back, I just have to handle.. dark magic."

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh said as he carried a green box that contained bottles of apple cider.

Applejack took Rainbow's hand, leading her away from her cider. "Come on, Rainbow Dash! I'm sorry to do this... but we don't have time for apple cider!"

"No!!! My sweet apple cider! I didn't even get to have.. a single taste of it!" Rainbow quickly placed her apple cider on to the table that belonged to the stall. "Please, take good care of my cider and don't let anybody drink it--"

"Let's go!" Applejack didn't want to waste anymore time, so she carried Rainbow like a sack of potatoes.

"Eeyup." Big Mac assured to Rainbow that her cider would be safe with him.

"Nooo!!!" Rainbow yelled as she hanged her hands on to Applejack's back.
"Whatever you do, Rainbow, don't look back!" Applejack kept running.

"But I have to look back! It's my cider, that we're talking about! My cider!"

Applejack sighed, "So much for her and her cider."

"I'll be back for you my sweet-sweet.. cider! Just, you wait!"

"Excuse us! There's a Rainbow.. on the loose that got separated from her apple cider!" Applejack exclaimed as she passed through a bunch of people.

"Why does this..have to happen to me!?" Rainbow Dash rested her head on Applejack's shoulder. "Please, tell me, that it will all be over!"

"It will, just you watch!"

Rainbow groaned, "This is enough punishment.. for me, Applejack! Please, just let me get.. at least one sip of my apple cider," she still craved her favorite beverage.

"Nooo!!! We won't have time for that!"

Rainbow sighed, "At least, I tried."

★★★★★

Applejack ran while she carried Rainbow Dash. "Twilight! Pinkie!" she stopped as she realized that the whole group was there. "How did--Why are all of you here?"

The rest of The Main Seven looked at Applejack and Rainbow. "We were waiting for you two!" Pinkie Pie said. "Since, we all decided to meet up here."

"Oh." Applejack said. "We must of forgot about that, sorry."

"It's ok, mistakes happen," Fluttershy said.

Rarity pointed to Rainbow, "But the thing is... what happened to her?"

Applejack chuckled. "She had to be.. separated from her apple cider, since we were in a hurry. She didn't take it, too well."

Sci-Twi giggled. "And, I know how much.. she just loves her apple cider."

Rainbow opened up her eyes and looked up at Applejack, "Did I.. make it?"

"You sure did, Rainbow Dash." Applejack put down Rainbow in a gentle way.

Rainbow took a deep breath and let it out, she stood up on her feet, "That's a relief."

"Yup, knowing.. you don't last very long." Applejack crossed her arms. "Sunset, we have something to tell you."

Sunset Shimmer sighed. "It's bad news, isn't it?"

Applejack nodded her head, "Yes, it is, it's The Windigos..they're coming."

"Already!? Let's go, girls!" Sunset put her left hand out and her other hand was on her hip. She started to walk off like she was sashaying in a fashion show.

★★★★★

"What are we going to do, now?" Icy Blizzard wondered.

Frostbite Windigo smirked at her dull sister and she looked back at the people that were walking at the winter carnival. "Now, we will make them argue."

"How, Frostbite?" Stormy Song chimed in.

"It's simple, just like this." Frostbite looked at a girl who had her back turned and she pushed her. She pushed Babs Seed. Babs turned around and glared, "Okay, who pushed me!?"

Frostbite lied to her. "It was her!" she pointed to another girl, Lyra Heartstrings.

"Why did you.. push me!?" Babs pushed Lyra, who turned around. "What.. are you.. talking about!? I didn't push you! And. why are you..pushing me!?" she said, through her gritted teeth.

Frostbite went back to hide behind some bushes, that was where her and her sisters were at. "Just a little longer, the power will come and so will.. the girls," she was referring to The Main Seven.

"But, those young girls.. saw us." Stormy was talking about The Crusaders and Snowdrop.

"It doesn't matter, we wanted them.. to spot us so we could take a battle.. with the girls."

"Wow, that was a really great idea," Icy's voice sounded boring.