Chapter 16: The Story of Snowdrop (Part 2/2)

"May we see it?" Principal Celestia said.

Primrose put her arm around Snowdrop and let her go up on stage. She showed the principal, what her project is.

"You brought snow?" Cirrus, a boy said.

"And just one little dot of it!" Cumulo Nimbus is being mean.

"Maybe, she grabbed the wrong thing, on her way here?" a boy with brown short hair, said.

"Why would you, bring snow to the spring sunrise?" a random student chimed in.

"It's not snow, I made a star," Snowdrop corrected her classmates.

Cirrus laughed. "A star? You can't make stars! It doesn't even.. look like one!"

"Maybe, it doesn't look like one, but it's..still a star! It's a star, for winter! I can't see what the stars look like.. up there. Just like, I can't see what spring looks like. But I can hear it all and I heard the snow twinkling, just like the stars do.. every night!" Snowdrop held out her paper star, to face the principals. "So..they should be able to grant wishes too, shouldn't they? Winter's been giving us a gift, this entire time and we've just been ignoring it!"

The two sisters/principals continued to listen to what Snowdrop had to say. "Celebrating winter is good. But winter can't be all bad, if it gives us these. It may be cold and dark. . ."

Luna had her jaw open in surprise, reacting to what Snowdrop said.

"But, that doesn't mean, there isn't any good to it. Maybe. . . maybe winter is sad, that everybody doesn't like it. So.. maybe we need to make wishes on the winter snow, just like how we wish on the night stars. Maybe then, we can have a happy winter instead. We already have a happy spring, and summer, and fall. Can't winter, be happy, too? Because.. winter is important." Snowdrop took a pause. "Even, if it seems useless, it can give us wonderful things, so. . ."

"May we see your wishing snow?" Luna inquired, politely. She took it and examined it with Celestia.

"Could you make us some more?" Celestia asked Snowdrop. Snowdrop's reply was a gasp, "Mmhmm. . ."

Primrose's eyes widened and she smiled in happiness, for her daughter.

"The following year's snowfall, was one of the most celebrated events in Equestrian history. Winter's blessings.. had at less been discovered. From then on, snows were gentle, behaving the weather team's wishes. Kids could play. People could see beyond the icy chill."

Snowdrop was observing the surroundings of winter with Luna and Celestia by her two sides.

"And, a new sort of starfall..could bring everybody sweet dreams."

★★★★★

Luna and Celestia looked at a statue that had a snow-like flower on it. "Is it, really the last one, we have?"

"It has been over many years, sister. And, she has only made.. so many." Celestia informed her sister.

"Can we.. not save it?"

"You know, she wouldn't of wanted that."

"But she. . . I. . I never got to." Luna never got to say goodbye to Snowdrop.

"I am sorry, for that. I know, she was a dear friend to you," Celestia said, putting her arm around Luna, to comfort her.

"The only one, who truly knew my night. . ."

"She still knows it, Luna. You know that."

A school security guard appeared. "Principal Celestia, the staff is waiting for your signal."