Chapter 15: The Story of Snowdrop (Part 1/2)

"There is nothing in this world, quite so amazing, as the first winter snow. The first few flakes falling from the sky, signifying great change. The time.. for the land to rest. The animals to dream, and the people of Equestria, to relax and play, knowing another year.. has successfully aged to its eve holiday celebrations. Peaceful nights of rests, brisk laughter in the day. All brought forth, by a single powdery fragment." Principal Celestia said.

A pair of kids are outside in the snow, one of them looks at the snowflakes that are falling down from the sky. "Some may scoff at the idea, that something so small.. could hold so much power. But, they are the ones who have forgotten.. how the snowflake came to be."

In a classroom, Ms. Windith, a teacher is teaching freshmen students. "Following the spring sunrise, the rain will bring forth the snow-melting showers from the south." she looked at the chalk board, the drawings that she made on it. "Can anybody tell me, the southern nation, that allows Equestria.. to collect their warm-front cloud system?" she glanced at a boy, calling his name. "Cirrus?"

"Uh . . . Ande. . . Zibber. . ." Cirrus tried to figure out the answer to the question.

"Camelu," the teacher corrected him.

"Oh. Yeah."

"Where ever, it is, they need to hurry up and go get the front. It's freezing." Cumulo Nimbus, a girl who put her hand up to her cheek, said.

"They couldn't produce the rain yet, even if they were back.. with the weather system." Ms. Windith pointed with her hand, to the chalk board. "The land still needs time to rest. That's the only reason, we want winter to help rejuvenate the soil, for the people on Earth below."

"Well, I'm sick of waiting," Cumulo complained again, putting her head on the desk, showing that she wasn't a fan of winter.

"You won't have to wait much longer, the spring's sunrise is only two days away." Ms. Windith blinked. "Then, you won't have to see a speck of snow.. for a whole year! On that note, how is everyone coming along.. with their spring sunrise presentations? Is everybody and their partner, ready to present their seasonal gifts..to the principals?"

A girl was playing with paper, until her name got called. "Snowdrop?" her eyes widened.

"How is your project coming?" the teacher walked to her desk.

"My. . . uh. . . my project?"

"Yes, are you and your partner, ready to present?"

"My partner. . . ? Um. . ."

"Do you.. not have a partner, still? Snowdrop, this isn't just a small school project. This is the one hundredth spring sunrise, under the principals' rule. They've honored us with the opportunity, to show what Canterlot's future can create to invigorate the seasons. Have you even begun.. your work?" Snowdrop's eyes widened again, but in disappointment.

"Ms. Windith, is going to make somebody work with her again, isn't she?" a girl whispered.

"Um. . ." Snowdrop didn't know what to say.

"It's not like, she can make anything, when she can't see in front of her own face. . ." a boy said.

"I. . ."

"We worked with her last time, you do it!" a other student said.

"Uh. . . I. . . Of. . . course, I've started! I've actually been working on something, for a while now. . . by myself, because it's a . . . A surprise!" Snowdrop lied, to not embarrass herself.

"A surprise?" Cumulo scoffed.

"Uh-uh. A surprise." Snowdrop placed a fake smile on her face. "That's.. why I wanted to work alone-- I--"