Chapter 13: The Symbol

Sunset Shimmer was walking with her friends and she just remembered something, that she and the others haven't tried yet. She stopped walking and stood there, thinking. "Girls! "

"What is it, Sunset?"

Sunset giggled and rolled her eyes, in a curious way. "I actually..forgot that we haven't tried, ponying up... At least, when we're..near The Windigos."

"You mean, come together, in front of 'em?" Applejack took a guess. "Plus.. holding hands?"

"Yup," Sunset said, confirming about what they are going to do.

"Okey-dokey-lokey! Let's go!" Pinkie Pie said, skipping happily.

The Main Seven were walking around the front of Canterlot High and encountered the Windigos. The two groups of girls, looked at each other. One of them, broke the awkward silence. It was Frostbite Windigo. "We just came to thank Twilight Sparkle, again. For, showing us around CHS."

"You're welcome, again." Sci-Twi said, in a nervous tone. It became silent again and Rarity joined in the conversation. "We're friends with Twilight. I'm Rarity." she even gestured to her friends, introducing them.

When The Windigos turned away and started whispering, the Main Seven started to hold hands. They came together and raised their hands, up in the air. Oddly, instead of ponying up, nothing happened! The Windigos turned to look at them again, with confused looks.

Fluttershy decided to make up a lie, to explain what her and her friends were doing. "We do this, when we're in.. school spirit." she raised her hands, up high, "Yay." she said in her soft voice.

★★★★★

"Girls, I forgot to mention.. that I found a book." Sci-Twi said. "About the winter carnival, that'll help us," she held the book with her hands, showing her friends.

"Woah, nelly! That is..good news." Applejack said.

"Twilight, have you read the book?" Sunset Shimmer said.

Sci-Twi shook her head. "I actually, haven't."

"But, why?" Rainbow Dash inquired. "A book..is a book. Plus, you're..a bookworm."

"It's just that, I was hoping to read it.. with my friends." what Sci-Twi said, caused her friends to say an 'aww'. "Let's see." she opened up the book and sat down on the front steps. The rest of The Main Seven, sat down with her.

"What does it, say?" Spike said.

"Hmm.. that the winter carnival, is held every year."

"Look at that picture!" Pinkie pointed to a picture of a snow colored flower, in the book. "Looks, important."

"Come to think of it, isn't it familiar?" Fluttershy said.

"Yah, it is?" Rarity said. "I know! Follow me," she started to run into a direction.

"Hold it, Rarity!" the girls exclaimed, following her trail.

"There!" Rarity stopped running and pointed to the same flower symbol.

"What!? The symbol.. is from the banner?" Sci-Twi and Sunset looked up at the banner and back at the book.

"I think.. it represents the carnival, but I feel like, it's more than that," Applejack said, wanting to know more.

"There's something odd, about that." Rainbow said. The Main Seven found out some history about the winter carnival, from a book that belonged to the Canterlot High library. Though, they spotted a odd symbol; a snow colored flower. It was recognized, as it was on the winter carnival banner. Is Applejack right; that there is more to the symbol? Or..is it just ordinary?

The Crusaders were walking and they saw a girl with white hair, that had curls at her tips. In other words, her hair kind of resembled Sweetie Belle's. She had a black cane and it got stuck somewhere in the ground. She struggled, trying to take it out.

The group of younger girls spotted the girl with her cane. "You need, some help..with that?"

"Sure."

"There, you're all set." Apple Bloom said, her and her best friends helping the girl.

The girl turned to look at the Crusaders, with her pleasant blue eyes. "Thanks, for the help."

"You're welcome."

"Are you..new?" Scootaloo said.

"I've never seen..you around, CHS." Sweetie Belle said. "Before."

"I--I'm not."

_____
The picture on top is of, the symbol that the Main Seven saw in the book and was on the banner.