Chapter 13

Alexandra's POV

I let my hands travelled in my cold sheet, I slowly opened my eyes and wander my sight through the window.

Staring the beautiful lights of sun shining at my glass planes. I breathed calmly and sat, darting my view at the digital clock, it reads seven fifteen of the morning.

'Happy Birthday to me' I thought internally.

I stood up hesitately and took up some shower. I slipped on my usual short and tank, I ran downstairs holding my leather jacket. I planned out to go where the accident happens four years ago, it was already long ago, but the memories and pain were still crawling out in me. It hunts me.

"Good morning." I'm about to leave when a familiar euphonious voice greeted me.

"You're too early." I faced Natasha. "Aren't you gonna stay for breakfast?"

She shooked her head, flickering her iridescent blue eyes "It was too much, you already offered shelter." She shrugged "You're leaving."

It wasn't a question at all since it was so obvious, I nodded "I have to do something way significant for today."

"How about Sofia?" She asked, worried voice was too obvious on her tone.

"I don't have to worry about her." Sofia already have everything she needs. "And we're used with this situation, she'll be fine without me anyway."

"If you don't mind, can I come?"

It was a knock for a loop. She mystify me by her asking, but why? I know something strange happened last night.

I was supposed to be cheesed off by her, but the way whe cared me last night was dumbfounding. And it makes me feel little okay. "W-Why?" I stuttered nervously.

Should I let her come? Can I let her see my vulnerable side? Am I ready to tell her? I had a lot of questions in my stupid mind.

"Do you remember when you told me I can hangout with you guys?" Using that car now, perfect.

Does she really had the guts to bring it up now. "I thought you forget it."

She smiled without showing her teeth, it made my anguish morning enlighten a bit. "I guess I'm accepting it now."

Does she mean we can open up to each other too? Obviously in my part I really do wanna know her too, but today isn't a good timing. It is alright to take her, right? I can trust her like she said, but isn't it unfair to my friends for years because I'd never get them involve, asking "Are you really sure you wanna come?"

"Consider this as my gift." Gift??? What gift is she talking about? Does Sofia told her??

"Did So----"

She interrupted "Happy birthday Alexandra." Embracing me tightly, I left surprised of her sudden manner, I'm not expecting her to do so. I lingered her warm arms in my back first before I let my own hands had its own life to hug her against my pumping heart. Her beating wasn't normal, it was rapid too. Feeling her breathing against my skin, everytime she did. I don't want her to pulled away but we have to go, I did pulled even it's against my will. "So you're letting me?"

I pursed my lips together, I shrugged "Let's get you pack out first, We'll be back here tomorrow, and please, don't expect something good there, there's nothing out there but grasses, rough road and an ocean view."

"Sounds like a paradise to me."

-------

After I waited Natasha to grapple a pair of her clothes, I willingly drove off to the road. We reached the cemetary, I have to pay a visit first. Tracing the same path towards my brothers tomb. As my feet shakingly taking steps and a painful drop of liquid is threatening to fall down, my mind continue to reminisce the memories, all we have until I finally came in to face off my brothers grave, I slowly kneeled down and breath off heavily. I felt a soft and warm hands place in my shoulders.