Chapter 18

I was left silent in my car and think for a while. I texted everyone to hang out but it seems like nobody has a free time. I waited for almost an hour but no message came. A sudden interruption of my silence came when someone knock on my car shield. I hesitantly roll my windows down and saw the familiar face of my old companion. She looks stunning as always but not as beautiful like Natasha, shh! Why should I had to compare? I put it at the back of my head and gaze those illuminiscent beauty of my friend that I have never seen for years.

She quickly grab my face through the window and kissed my cheeks, I focus the way her lips linger in my skin, those familiarity. We pulled away, she's full of excitement while I was left unsettled. She rolled her eyes "You look like you just seen a ghost Alex."

Don't get me wrong I missed her but why she's here, I mean here at school. "I'm just surprised you're here, Kate. How long was it?"

I watched her walking confidently as usual and jumped in my car. "You haven't heard? I'm taking school again. Here!" she gestured, ignoring the question.

It was expected since Kendra already told me about it, but she's too early to be here. "I knew that, you're just so early."

"Just give me a fucking warm kisses and hugs before protesting." she mumbled.

I know Kate and I was just close friends, we had a kind of friendship with benefits, but since she left for about two years, our communication has ended too. Kate was an awesome person, but sadly she's not my bet, I guess, I'm confused. I scooted and give her a friendly embrace that lasted only a matter of seconds. I pulled away and started my engine.

"It seems you never missed me at all." She claimed.

"Ugh! We're not kids anymore." I paused and focus on the road. "You left me hanging."

"I was hurt. My freaking friend has a girlfriend but never told me, until all I just heard they broke up." Again ignoring my remarks.

I sighed, steering of the wheel smoothly. "You never ask me." Sighing, "Like damn, you never contacted me for two straight years, how can you do that?"

She turn her body facing towards me "That's why I ran here, I missed your eighteenth birthday, and I felt sorry for it. Well for now at least I'm here to celebrate your nineteenth, and I won't leave you again, never."

"It already pass." I chided, looking at her sideway "You know how much I hate spoken promises."

"We still can celebrate an after party."

I rounded the fountain in front of the mansion before parking it. It was strangely quiet out here and something was wrong. I saw Miss Anderson's car from nearby but why do I felt something was up. Kate wrapped her arms around mine and dragged me to open the door. It has supposed to be open but it was locked. I turn the knob again but still nothing change. "Keys Alex." she commented.

I rolled my eyes playfully and dug out the keys at my booksack hurriedly, I slowly inserted the key in locked out knob, I opened the door quickly.

"SURPRISE!!!" my friends greeted me unexpectedly. Charll and Zedd holding and popped up the party poppers while Kendra and Miles holding a balloon which is design with four letters of my nickname. All of them run into me and embraced me tightly including Kate. I was so happy with their efforts. Group hug, the one I missed.

"Happy Birthday slut." Miles greeted me.

"I'd appreciate it bitch."

But where's Sofia and Miss Anderson?

I heard little noise incoming singing a happy birthday song, I turn around to face Sofia together with Miss Anderson holding a chocolate cake with candles. My heart get warmth not just because of my friends scheme but also the fact that Miss Anderson was part of their planned.