Chapter 3

Maybe it was a mistake coming here.

Just when I was about to walk away, overwhelmed by all the feelings and memories,  suddenly the door opened and a warm voice filled my ears.

"Aria?"

I turned around and saw him standing there. Confused, asking himself why I was standing at his door, and so was I. I actually had no idea what I was doing.

"Ezra" I almost wishpered

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a stern voice

"I needed to say goodbye" I sighed and shrugged. Ezra's eyes were locked with mine this time and getting lost in those blue, beautiful eyes of his made me remember why I fell in love with him so many years ago.

"We already did that three years ago" he mumbled and this time his eyes where going everywhere, except from meeting mine. He wanted to turn around and close the door again but before I even know what I was doing I grabbed his bicep and stopped him from walking

"Ezra, please" I begged. He just sighed and opened the door, mentioning me to come in. Before I knew it, I was standing in the middle of Ezra's room. Unlike mine, Ezra's room looked nothing like 7 years ago. It was a total chaos. Beer bottles were everywhere, empty pizza boxes and roomservice plates were everywhere, his clothes were everywhere, his bed was the only clean spot.

"Ezra, what on earth happened in here?" I gasped and looked around the room.

"Guess this is what happens when a grown up man loses his mind" he just shrugged and sat down on the couch with a bottle of wishkey in his hands.

"Ezra no!" I said and grabbed the bottle out of his hands.

"Aria? What the fuck?!" He yelled and jumped up.

"No, I'm not letting you do this to yourself!"

"God Aria! I haven't seen you in three years, and when you get back the first thing you do is acting like my mother! One is more then enough!" Ezra yelled

"Look around you Ezra! Look at the mess you've become! You're nothing like the Ezra I remember!"

"Yeah well that's because I've changed and maybe that's because why we broke up" he said emotionless, like he didn't care about any word I said.

"I can't believe you" I almost wishpered, turned around and left his room.

~

"Mommy, come on girl, say mommy!" Aria said to her one year old daughter.

"I'm sure she will say daddy first" Ezra smirked

"Oooh, I don't think so" Aria teased and looked back at her little daughter

"Come on Rory, say mommy"

"Momo" the baby said and then cried out in laughter

"Well, hello there momo" Ezra chuckled and took Aurora in his arms

"Come on Rory, say daddy" Ezra tried but Aurora kept laughing at her own words.

"Momo! Dadada!" The girl yelled

"Mo-mmy" Aria said to Aurora and suddenly she went silent.

"Mommy" Aurora said and Aria began to cheer.

"She said mommy! Her first word is mommy! I knew it Rory! I love you soooo much!" Aria yelled and kissed Aurora's chubby little cheek

"Daddy" Aurora suddenly said and now Ezra began to cheer

"She said daddy! Oh my god!" He yelled, kissed Aurora's head but she just wiggled herself out of his arms and let herself down to the ground. She placed her little feet on the ground and soon she was walking around the table.

"Last month her first little steps, today her first little words, the girl is growing up so fast" Aria smiled when she looked at her daughter who was trying hardest not to fall down whilst walking

"She is, and I can't wait to see the next steps in her life" Ezra smiled and kissed Aria's lips.

~

I was sitting in my room for half an hour now after I went to Ezra, when I suddenly heard a knock on the door and the voice I was -still- aching for, even though I shouldn't.

"Aria?" I heard him say. I jumped up from my bed, wiped away my tears and opened the door.

"What do you want Ezra?" I asked and he just looked at the ground.

"I want to apoligize" he said and now finally, for the second time today he looked me in my eyes.

"I will only accept that if I may do one thing" I said and he just gave me a questioning look.

"Clean your room"

"Aria, I-" he spoke but I cut him off

"No Ezra, I'm not talking to you when I know you have been drinking" I said

"Okay" he said and then we both walked out of the door, on our way to Ezra's room. When we got there, I immediately started picking up the bottles and threwing them away. Ezra started folding his clothes and after an hour or two the whole appartment was clean and tidy. We hadn't spoken a word in those two hours, but for the first time in three years the silence between us wasn't awkward. I think one way or another we both knew we were always there for each other, no matter how angry or mad we were.

"Well, thank you I guess" Ezra said, scratching the back of his neck

"No problem Ezra, but please promise me you won't do this again"

"I promise"'Ezra said and looked me in my eyes. The corners of his mouth curled up to a little smile, and I think I saw something in his eyes I hadn't seen for three years. Happiness

"Can I ask you something?" Ezra suddenly asked and his face was more serious now

"Of course Ezra, anything" I smiled

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"Because," I started, not really knowing how to bring this

"I still care about you Ezra"