IX. Mega Man

"Okay, Mega Man..." Roll said to me as she hooked up the final wire. "Going offline."

I nodded as my vision started to fade, my confidence in my sister as strong as ever.

I woke up not too long later, and I was mostly repaired. The giant dent in my chest was gone, and most of the shots in my armor had disappeared. I assumed the ones that were still there were too difficult for Roll to get out. Roll wasn't there, though, it was just Duo. As always, he had a smile on his face, though, for once, he wasn't bugging me about being awesome. "I had to finish you up; What's-his-name needed help, so she went over to the computer to help him."

"Thanks, Duo." I replied, sitting up. "Anything else happen while I was out?"

"Er..." He paused, as if he didn't want to say anything. "Maybe I should let Roll tell you. She would know more about it."

I stood up, rushing into the hallway. Surely, it wasn't going to be good news, and it was going to be something bad about the hedgehog. I knew it had been a bad choice to send Sonic away to scout out the castle of Wily. Had he gotten into a fight so soon? Or maybe Dr. Wily captured him again, deciding he needed more of Sonic's energy. I wondered what was so special about it.

Roll was at the monitor, trying to guide Sonic through something. He was in a large, bright room with a bunch of hallways. Each was dark and long, like something in a scary movie, and Sonic looked in them. Each was identical, and there was no way to see what was in each without going through them. I was sure a robot or something was going to pop out at him and kill him. But that wouldn't have been like Dr. Wily. I shivered as I thought of what I had just sent Sonic into.

"I don't know, Sonic." Roll said, shaking her head. Her hands were in the forms of fists on her cheeks, and she was staring intently at the screen. She never even seemed to even blink, scanning every possibility of everything Sonic could do. Of course, she couldn't see inside the hallways or anything, so there was no way to tell what was in each of them without being in Sonic's place. "I don't think you have a choice other than to take a chance."

"Sonic, can you hear me?" I shouted next to Roll. I watched him as he held his head, and I realized he could definitely hear me.

"Yeah, Mega Man, very loud and clear." Sonic groaned. "Can you teleport here now? I'm kinda stuck..."

I was about to get ready to get the teleporter booted up, but then I remembered it was Wily's Castle. With a sigh, I remembered there was no way I could get inside of it. "Sonic, there are no coordinates. I think you'll have to do this yourself. If you get yourself into serious trouble, I'll come and help you."

"Well, then, do you have any idea which way I should go?" He tapped his foot, moving it extremely fast; it turned into a red blur. His arms folded, as if he were annoyed. He was really impatient, yet he barely seemed able to pay attention to anything.

Nothing I said would really help him. I didn't even know the inside of Wily's place that well. Besides, it changed after each time, and seemed to grow. "Why don't you just come back to the lab? Then we can go together and thwart Dr. Wily."

"Uh, I can't." He said, as if it were obvious. I looked at Roll, who smiled seemingly innocent. "The door shut behind me, and I have no way of getting back to it. Besides, it's not like I've been attacked yet. What's the worst that could happen?"

I was worried about what game Wily was playing. Was he just luring Sonic into a trap? Did he need more of his energy? Or was there something even more sinister going on?

"Well, I'm going this way." Sonic announced, and I watched as he travelled through one of the tunnels. It was really dark, though Sonic ran his way through it, worried about nothing. A piece of the floor could have fallen, causing him to meet his doom. He was lucky he didn't fall into a bottomless pit. Eventually, safely and soundly, he came into a long room that was shaped like a box. There seemed to be nothing wrong, and he touched a wall, as if he had expected something to happen. "At least this is new."