1

Blackjack whinnied angrily at the gods. After two weeks, two weeks, they still hadn't found him. Blackjack was getting impatient, and worried.

He hadn't seen his boss for so long. Sure, he'd been on quests for longer than 2 weeks, but this time it's different. This time, Blackjack wasn't sure whether he would ever see his boss again.

"Yes, Blackjack, we know. We're looking everywhere for him," said Poseidon. And it was true, Blackjack could see. They all looked as tired as he was, with dark bags under their eyes and yawning every few seconds.

Well, look harder, said Blackjack. My boss is missing, and I want him back. His worry grew with every second he spent on Olympus and not searching for his boss. I have to go look for my boss, he explained before spreading his wings and flying off the side of Olympus.

The wind rustled Blackjack's mane as he flew above Manhattan in search of his best friend. Oh, boss, where are you? You owe me a donut, Blackjack told himself, his head swinging from side to side.

He landed in front of Peleus, whose head shot up when Blackjack's hooves touched the ground. Hey, P, any sign of my boss? asked Blackjack.

Peleus shook his head. Nope, sorry, Jack. Blackjack was used to Peleus calling him just 'Jack'. He was like a brother to him. Well, a scaly, 15 foot long brother, who also smokes through his nostrils.

Dangit. Thanks anyway. Blackjack walked towards the camp. He was starving, having spent most of his waking hours searching for his boss, with no success.

He entered the stable, where Porkpie and Guido were eating half-eaten ears of corn that someone had tossed inside.

Hey, buddy. Take one. You look starving, said Guido, kicking an ear of corn towards him with his hoof.

Have ya found him yet? asked Porkpie, looking up from his corn. Blackjack shook his head miserably.

Ever since the boss disappeared, Blackjack had been searching continuously for him. He hadn't been eating much and he hadn't been sleeping well. Every dream involved playing with his boss, talking with his boss and his boss buying him a donut.

Ah, don't give up hope, dude. You'll find him. After all, you got us other pegasi helping you, said Guido. Blackjack was grateful for his friends' help, he really was, but after two weeks, he was starting to doubt he would ever see his boss again.

Blackjack still had Poseidon, but he was just his lord, not his friend like his boss was. Hopefully, the god didn't know that Blackjack actually resented him.

Poseidon really got on Blackjack's nerves. He remembered all the times he'd ignored Blackjack. Sure, being a god was busy work, but he couldn't at least make time for one day with him?

Lord Pegasus was never like that. He was always there for the pegasi, unlike Poseidon. Blackjack finished his corn before turning to his two friends in the stable.

I gotta go look for the boss. Thanks for the corn. Blackjack trotted out and was about to spread his wings when he was stopped by the last person he'd expected to see.

The boss's girlfriend.

It would have been up sooner, but I got lazy halfway through and ignored the book for like, a week. It's a bit short but, eh, a chapter's a chapter. Plus, it's only the first chapter. The chapters will probably AMD hopefully get longer as it goes along.

-Destiny