10

Blackjack almost wanted to laugh. This was Chaos? Supposedly the most powerful being in the known universe?

The pegasus didn't know what he was expecting, not that he really thought about godly entities all that much, but he'd actually imagined Chaos as a million foot tall and wide ball of pure energy, just floating around the galaxy and thinking of random puns and jokes while laughing to himself.

Okay, that was pretty random, but this guy looked like a regular human, who had just been splashed with a bucket of midnight blue paint and sprinkled with flour. His eyes were like two red slightly-glowing orbs that peered into your soul through your own eyes, but that was nothing a pair of sunglasses couldn't fix.

You don't look like Chaos, Blackjack blurted out. If he could, he would have planted his hoof to his face.

The man laughed. "I suppose you expected a million foot tall and wide ball of pure energy, just floating around the galaxy and thinking of random puns and jokes while laughing to himself?"

Blackjack nodded, a look of surprise on his face. How did he know?

"I get that a lot," stated Chaos, a half-grin tugging at his lips. Blackjack liked him. He reminded him of the boss. Before he disappeared, anyway. Now, he called himself Blaster, a very appropriate name, given he could shoot green....flames or something out of his hands and leave a crater where they struck.

"Now then..." Chaos began, suddenly serious. "You want to know what happened to Percy, or perhaps, your boss, I presume?"

Dicky, who had been listening to the conversation, though Blackjack wasn't sure whether he could understand him, stiffened and paused in his act of petting the goat, a look of pure hatred crossed his face.

Both Chaos and Blackjack noticed this. "My son here isn't exactly fond of your boss. He quite hates him actually."

That didn't come as a surprise to Blackjack. He'd been acting like a real jerk since first heard the boss's name at camp.

Why does he hate him so much? asked the curious pegasus. Surely, the boss couldn't have done something so bad that it made someone hate him .

"Young pegasus..." Chaos hesitated. "Percy killed his mother."

Well? What do you think of Percy, er, sorry, Blaster? I have an idea for the ending of the story, something you probably wouldn't expect. Now I just have to figure out how to lead the story towards the ending....hmm.....

-Destiny