5

The moment Blackjack saw the smoke, he knew something was wrong.

  The entire forest was engulfed in flames. But not ordinary flames. The flames were emerald green, which made Blackjack think about his boss and his new powers.

  Had the boss done this? He couldn't have. Why would he set the forest on fire? It made no sense.

  Blackjack could hear screaming from within the smoke. Some of the campers were trying to put out the flames, but it seemed as if the water was just making them grow hotter and more intense.

  Luckily, that one fire-bending kid, Leo or something, was able to keep the fire smaller than it would have been.

  But the effort he was putting into it must have been exhausting. Blackjack could see a layer of sweat covering his skin and he was trembling slightly.

  Blackjack figured that while the heat was kinda bearable, he would fly in and try to rescue anyone who could have been trapped inside.

  He did exactly that, and he regretted it instantly. Leo must've collapsed from exhaustion as soon as he flew in.

  Blackjack could barely see five hooves in front of himself. The screaming was coming from straight ahead, and it was getting more and more urgent as the flames started to rise even higher into the air.

  Ignoring the smell of his burning fur and feathers, Blackjack rushed forward towards the screams, almost smacking his face into the branches of a tree that was concealed behind the smoke.

  The screaming, apparently, was coming from half a dozen dryads who hadn't made it out of the forest in time.

  A couple of them were trying to wake a fat kid up by slapping him straight across the face. As Blackjack flew closer, he realised that the fat kid was the boss's half-brother.

  Blackjack really didn't want to save the kid, but he was a son of Poseidon, which meant the old fisherman would probably turn him into a turkey if he didn't save him.

  He shifted his gears from flight mode to landing mode and activated his landing gear. He.pretty much crashed into the ground but recovered quickly and jumped back onto his hooves.

  Blackjack couldn't carry six dryads plus an overweight beaver at the same time. He was beginning to panic. What if he couldn't make it out in time?

  Don't worry, buddy! We'll help ya–AAAARRGGHHHH! A slightly burned pegasus landed on his back in front of Blackjack.

  Nice landing, Porky, Guido teased.

  How'd you guys find me? asked Blackjack.

  We've been tailing ya since ya flew in, and, uhh, I might have accidently, unintentionally, totally not purposely kicked that one kid with curly brown hair, answered Porkpie.

  Blackjack mentally facehoofed himself. So that was why the fire got bigger when he flew in.

  "Excuse me, but we are in the middle of a burning forest. So, if you could continue your conversation elsewhere, that'd be great," said one of the dryads.  Juniper, Blackjack remembered.

  Hop on, ladies, Guido offered, lowering his back for three of the dryads to climb on. Always such a gentlehorse.

  The other three climbed onto Porkpie's back, which meant Blackjack had to carry Dicky. Great.

This is more of a filler chapter, I think. Obviously, I still can't think of anything to write and homework is just so annoying. Forgive me. Also there's no video because Wattpad won't let me.

-Destiny