27

"You called us, sir?" The boss once again stood in front of the throne on which sat the man whose face was shrouded by shadows. The light of the lit torches which hung on the walls reflected off of the eyes of the dead eagle above the throne.

With the boss, there was a young girl—maybe 10 or 11 years old.A bandage was wrapped around her head and one of her arms was in a cast. She surveyed the large room with an unimpressed gaze, as if she'd seen better throne rooms, which wasn't entirely impossible, since the only things the room held were the golden throne, the eagle's carcass and the torches.

"Yes, I did. So, Lady Hestia, my darling, what do you think?" asked the man on the throne, his voice deep as ever.

"Hestia? Hey, that's the name of that girl who tends the fire at camp!" thought Blackjack, finally remembering.

Hestia regarded the man with a cold gaze. "Why would you care what I think of your little base of operations, Prometheus?" She spat out the name with disgust.

"Why, because when the gods are overthrown, I want you to be my queen," said the man, whom Blackjack assumed to be Prometheus.

It was strange—a man who was thousands of years old telling a girl who looked no more than 12 years old that he wanted her to be he queen.

Hestia raised an eyebrow. "And how, exactly, are you going to overthrow the gods? If you think those twenty hellhounds are going to bring the reign of the gods to an end, you, my dear Prometheus, are gravely mistaken."

At those words, Hestia turned and walked out of the room, the door slamming shut behind her.

"She's got a point, you know. We don't have an army to overthrow the gods with," said the boss.

Prometheus chuckled. "Of course we do, boy."

The boss's eyes widened. "But we can't control those things; they're too dangerous! I thought I told you to get rid of them!"

Prometheus rose from the throne, crossed the room to stand next to the boss, and bent down to look him in the eyes. "You can't tell me what to do. Hellhounds!"

Two hellhounds, each the size of a pickup truck, bounded into the room and grabbed the boss's arms with their teeth. Blood began to seep out of the bite marks.

"Take him to the dungeon and bind him as tightly as you can without killing him. I want him to be alive when I destroy his world."

I'm not too sure how the hellhounds are gonna tie Percy up, what with not having opposable thumbs, but I'm sure they'll manage. Anyway, in case you haven't figured it out, this is one of Blackjack's dream. Remember when he was in the labyrinth and he dreamt about stuff? Yeah.

-Destiny