12

Mornin', Ja– Woah, dude, ya look horrible, said Porkpie.

Thanks, buddy. I've always wanted to hear someone say that about me, Blackjack responded, sarcasm just pouring out of every word.

Sorry, but it's true.

The black-feather-furred pegasus rolled his eyes. He collapsed on the floor and tried to sleep, which was difficult, since most of the other occupants of the stable were starting to wake.

In case you didn't know, pegasi make a lot of noise when they wake up. They yawn as they rise, clopping their hooves on the ground and flapping their wings to get the sleep out of their systems, shaking their heads to get hay out of their manes.

And there were at least 30 pegasi in the stable, each of them doing exactly that. Guess Blackjack should forget about getting sleep then. Most of the pegasi stayed in the stable in the morning and yes, they also make a lot of noise during the time their there.

He forced himself up and onto his hooves, legs shaking slightly as he did so, the exhaustion from lack of sleep doing a small number on him.

Porkpie and Guido, who had just woken up, watched Blackjack with concern.

Dude, did you get any sleep last night? asked Guido.

Of course I did, Blackjack lied. He felt bad about keeping the truth from his friends but he didn't want them to worry. Plus, they were sure to ask what he was doing last night. Blackjack wouldn't be able to make up a story that didn't sound ridiculous in a matter of seconds.

Hmm, well, okay then. Guido's eyes were narrowed, probably not thoroughly convinced.

Look, I'm fine, alright? I'm just...hungry. That's all, Blackjack lied once more. And once again, he felt bad for doing so.

He cantered over to the hay-filled trough at the back of the stable and shoved his muzzle in it, grabbing a bunch with his teeth and chewing.

He swallowed the hay, nearly choked on it, before he headed towards the exit, bumping into a couple of the other pegasi, who whinnied in surprise, by accident along the way while his friends watched him anxiously.

Dicky was just coming out of his cabin. How he got there so quickly was a mystery to Blackjack, but he suspected it had something to do with his being the son of Chaos. Blackjack decided to avoid him for now.

The pegasus spotted Goater–Grower? Goaty? Whatever– and walked up to him, deciding it was time for another team-up in his search for his boss.

Jack? Where're ya going? asked Porkpie.

Gonna go look for the boss. What'd you think? Blackjack replied.

Guido and Porkpie stepped in front of him, blocking his way.

You should take a rest. We can both see you're totally bushed, dude, said Guido, his brows furrowed. (A/N Can pegasi furrow their brows? Probably not, but pfft.)

I told you guys already, and I'll tell you again. I'm fine. Blackjack pushed past the other two pegasi and continued on his way towards the boss's satyr buddy. Thankfully, his friends didn't stop him this time.

Hey, buddy. He tapped Goater's shoulder with his hoof.

The satyr turned. "Yeah?"

How about you and I go on a fun little adventure?

Ooh! An advernture! Can't wait! Hope you enjoy, blah blah blah and all that stuff. See ya next chapter.

-Destiny