7

The lightning illuminated the dry hay on the stable floor. It was probably the middle of the night now, but Blackjack was still wide awake.

  The other pegasi had their legs folded under them, their wings covering their sides to keep warm, their heads leant against the walls.

  Blackjack stared at the forest from his window, watching for any signs of movement. So far, there'd been nothing significant, just the constant rustling of bushes due to the strong winds.

  Blackjack's eyes grew heavy over time, sleepiness slowly consuming him. He shook his head furiously and stuck his muzzle outside and into the rain, letting the cold rain soak the fur.

  He couldn't fall asleep. He needed to keep his eyes open. Otherwise, he might miss something important.

  It seemed as if he'd been staring out of his window for an eternity, and his eyes were starting to droop. Might as well take a nap, seeing as there's nothing happening right now, he whinnied to himself.

  Right before he shut his eyes, he caught a glimpse of a moving figure in the dark. The figure was fat, which led Blackjack to assume it was Dicky.

  Blackjack, now wide awake, narrowed his eyes as he watched the son of Poseidon creep into the slightly burnt forest.

  He leaped out of his window, landed on the soggy ground, and took off after Dicky.

  The boy was out while everyone else, other than Blackjack, was asleep. And the pegasus was going to find out why.

Hey, guys. Sorry about the really late update, not that anyone would care, seeing as how shitty this book is, but I got obssesed over Undertale. And I started read fanfiction about it as soon as soon as I finished my first run. Also, shitty chapter, I know.

-Destiny