8

Blackjack crept through the forest, following Dicky as he made his way to....wherever he was going.

His hooves barely made a sound on the wet leaves, which the pegasus was grateful for. The heavy rain also drowned out any sound other than itself, so there was little chance that the son of Poseidon would hear him. And the darkness of the night hid him from sight.

At long last, Dicky stopped. A large metal door stood slightly ajar in front of him.

Bunker 9, Blackjack thought.

The pegasus had never been in the bunker, but he'd heard about it from some of the campers who have.

A light shone from inside. Dicky slipped in, and Blackjack, not wanting to risk being seen, sat himself down in the shadows and looked inside.

A man with blue-ish black skin with tiny white dots littering it was standing at a table, examining a blueprint with his hand beneath his chin.

Dicky stood beside the man for a few minutes before he cleared his throat to alert him of his presence.

"Yes, I know you are here, child," said the man.

"Then, why are you ignoring me, dad?" Dicky raised one of his eyebrows.

Dad? That couldn't be right. Dicky was a son of Poseidon. And this man was definitely not the bearded god of the sea.

"I am not ignoring you. I was concentrating on these fascinating designs." The man turned to look at Dicky, and Blackjack caught a look at his face. He had dark red pupils that made Blackjack shudder and take a step backwards. Which was a bad move, because a squirrel just so happened to have been at the exact same spot where Blackjack planted one of his hooves.

  The squirrel squeaked, which caused Blackjack to whinny, which caused a nearby owl to hoot in surprise and fly away, which caused the squirrel to panic and scurry up a tree, which caused a family of birds to chirp loudly due to the sudden movement of the branches, which caused– well, there were a lot more, but long story short, a goat ended up charging into the bunker.

Ah, crud.

Have I added that song before? Eh, whatever. It's a good song anyway. Hope you enjoyed. You probably didn't, but I hope you did.

-Destiny