It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 1

"How dare you ruin my science project?!! Is this your payback for what I did to yours? It was an accident and I already fixed it right? What's your problem huh?!" I yelled at the guy I loathe in like forever.

I know that this day will come, my limit was met beyond the line and I will suddenly burst with my outrage anytime. But I didn't expect it now; in front of everyone eating their lunch and looking at me burst with my anger. Well, I don't care about them anymore because I'm seriously mad at this guy in front of me who's eating his sandwich as calm as ever. Wanna know why I'm acting like this? It's because...

1 hour ago...

"Alright Ms. Parker, show me your science project." Mr. Hopkins instructed me.

I made this science project for almost two months with so much hard work and preparation because this will serve as our final exam for this semester. I have to pass and get a high-grade with this project to maintain my scholarship grant.

My family's not that rich but I entered this prestigious private high school, Van Allen Academy, through the full- scholarship grant they offered me because of my mom. My mom was a teacher here for almost 12 years until she died in this school. It's actually a long story on how she died in here but I'll tell you soon, not now. The school granted me the scholarship but I should maintain the grade not lower than 3.50. Thank God I'm able to meet the standards and my dad was so proud of that and my mom would be too wherever she is.

Back to the main story. I started running my project and it worked out smoothly at first. Smoothly at FIRST. Then we started hearing odd sounds coming from my project until it broke open and the slime inside burst onto Mr. Hopkins' face and lab gown.

Mr. Hopkins' was shocked because he expected me to have a good project but I disappointed him. He wiped the slime off his face and said to me, "Ms. Parker what happened? I thought you will give me something good. Remember, the grade that you'll receive here will be your final exam's grade as well. Don't worry, you still have time until tomorrow morning to fix this and pass it to me." He said to me and said to the class in general, "Tomorrow morning will be the last time I'll accept projects. No more, no less. You may have your lunch now." he finished as the school bell rang.

What happened to my two months of hard work? It all ended up in a big mess. I have to start from the beginning again and I don't know how to do it with the given time of less than 24 hours?

"Sydney, aren't you going to take your lunch?" Mr. Hopkins asked as he was about to leave the lab. I didn't notice that I was the only student left and was staring at my ruined project.

"Later sir. I'll try to fix this up and then I'll go take my lunch. You can go ahead. I'll just be the one to close the lights and doors." I said.

"Alright. I understand what you feel, but you have to be able to pass it tomorrow because I really need to check it right away." he said.

I just nodded and he left. I examined my project intently, until I saw a paper inserted under my project. The note read:

"Hey, what's up? How did your project go? It's awesome right? I know, I know. I'm genius; you don't have to thank me for it. Now we're already even and equal regarding this project. I wish I were there to see your red angry face. Hahaha... See ya later...

-Your, EQUAL PARTNER aka Mr. Drop Dead Gorgeous :)"

Back to the present at the cafeteria

That's what happened an hour ago and the reason why I'm acting like this. My equal partner ruined my science project that I worked hard for two months. My equal partner. Blake Collins. I'll tell you soon why we're equal partners.