It's Not Hard to Pretend to love You: 8

"Be my girlfriend" Blake said.

I just stared at him and I felt my jaw drop open. I blinked many times and shook my head to put up my thoughts together.

"Are you insane?" I asked.

"No. Ok look, I know that sounds ridiculous and we both know that we don't cope with each other harmoniously that much but we have to do this..." he simply said.

"Stop beating around the bush Blake. What is really your point?"

"I already declared to Justin and Stacey that we're already together. My act awhile ago will be nothing if we they can't see any evidence of it."

"So you want me to hook up with you just to make your story realistic?" I asked sourly.

"Well, you don't have to really hook up with me. But we can pretend to be. Pretend to be my girlfriend. Pretend that we're together. With that, they'll believe we're really together and they'll know that we're something that they shouldn't use and then set aside."

I didn't know what to say. We were silent until my cell phone beeped. I received a message from my dad asking where I am.

I looked at Blake and said, "I have to go." And then I opened the passenger door and as I was about to step out, Blake caught my hand and said, "Think about it." I just nodded and went out.

He drove a few meters away towards their house and stepped out. He looked back towards my direction and went inside.

___

I still can't get my mind off with my last encounter with Blake weeks ago after the dance, even after my dad and I spent the holidays at my grandparents' house in Florida. I had a really great time during the holidays. On Christmas, my other cousins went over and we traded gifts. On New Year's Eve, my relatives and I went by the lake to watch the fireworks exhibition.

As what other people say, 'Every thing has to come to an end.' And now I'm back in San Francisco since today's Sunday and tomorrow's going to be the start of classes of the new semester. I'm on my way to our house in a bus without my dad. My grandpa got high blood pressure from the food we ate the other day and my dad presented to help my grandma take care of him. I would've stayed to help too but my dad said that I shouldn't miss school and he'll call me everyday and will come back after a few days.

So here I am now, thinking to myself as to what I would expect when I get back home and tomorrow at school. I still haven't decided on whether I should accept Blake's idea to pretend to be is girlfriend or not. We haven't contacted each other since neither of us have each other's numbers. I sighed and looked out the window as I saw Justin and Stacey walked inside a pizza store. I felt that betrayed feeling again and instantly, I made up my mind.

As the bus stopped on the stop near our school, I went out along with my bag. My bag is not that big since I have some clothes left in Florida so I didn't bring much. I went straight to school and it was already 6 pm so there wouldn't be any people there except for the guards and care taker.

I stopped in front of the gate and told the guard, "Hi sir! I was wondering if I could enter because I forgot something inside my locker. I really have to get it as soon as possible. It's very important!"

"Sure, but don't take long." He said and he let me enter.

I sprinted towards the lockers and went for Justin's. 614985. There, his locker opened. Within the short time that I was Justin's girlfriend, I knew a lot of things about him, his locker password for an instance but he doesn't know that I know. I also know that he keeps tabs of the things happening and is about to happen in a daily planner. Yes, he keeps a daily planner because he once forgot a soccer game and he wasn't able to come and his team blamed him why they lost. Since then, he put everything that he's going to do in his daily planner. He doesn't bring this home, just here in his locker.

With this daily planner in hand, we can get a lot of information of what we're supposed to do.

I went out of the school, daily planner in hand, and went straight to our house. I put my things in place and took a quick shower to freshen up myself. And then I took off to my neighbor, to Blake's house.

I rang the doorbell and Sandy and Sander were the ones who opened the door. Sandy and Sander are the twin brother and Sister of Blake. I really like these kids as they like me too. They treat me as their sister they never had and I treat them as my little brother and sister I never had. I baby sit them, though I just thought of it as sibling bonding, when their parents are not around and when Blake is not around.

"Syd!" Sander cheered happily.

"Mom, Dad! Syd's here!" Sandy called as they pulled my hand to the dining room.

"Hey, how was your holidays Sydney?" Jodie, Blake's mom, said.

"Great! My dad and I went to my grandparents' house in Florida." I answered.

"Is he there? I want to ask him if he watched the basketball game last week..." William, Blake's dad, said.

"He's still back in Florida. He has to take care of my grandpa."

"Oh, you're only one there?" Mrs. Collins asked.

"Yeah."

"Why don't you just stay here for dinner then? I'm making the most requested lasagna." She said in a sing song voice.

"Haha... Sure!"

"Syd, let's play! Let's play!" Sander and Sandy cheered.

"Ok, ok. But what are we going to play?"

"Race to our room!" they both said and with that, they both rushed up stairs and I ran after them.

We ran until we reached the kids' room and I tackled them all on the bed and started tickling them.

Blake's POV

It's been weeks since I last saw Syd. I heard she went to Florida with her dad. I wonder if she's already here and what her response might be.

As I lie on my bed doing nothing and bored as hell, I heard running outside and then laughing. Curious, I went out to check what's happening until I saw Syd tickling the twins inside their room. Seems like they are having so much fun, oh how I wish I could join them. W-what? Did I just think that?

"Blake help!" Sandy said between laughs.

Syd turned to look back at me and said, "Don't you dare."

Might as well help. I took a step toward them and said, "Oh yes I dare." And with that, lounged on the bed and pinned Syd down and the twins and I started tickling her. She struggled to turn around until I was the one pinned and they started tickling me. And I have to admit, I am a very ticklish guy so I laughed so hard. I struggled to gain dominance and I, again, was on top pinning Sydney down until my mom said, "Kids! Dinner's ready! Come down now!"

"Hm... I'm hungry already. Let's go." Sandy said.

"Yeah let's go Sandy, let's give them their time." Sander said with a smirk. And the two left. I stared down at Syd, drowning in her green mesmerizing eyes.

Syd's POV

Blake was still on top of me, pinning me down and straddling me as the twins went down stairs. Our faces are so close, our lips barely touching. I was captivated by his piercing brown eyes as we stared at each other until Sander came in.

"Hey, if you guys are planning to do something, don't do it on my bed please. My covers are newly replaced." Sander said by the door.

We looked at him wide-eyed and shocked.

"What? I may just be a kid, but I know a lot of things. Anyways, mom said let's go down now. Hmm... I'm really hungry." he said as he left.

Blake moved and I sat up straight on the bed.

"Your brother really has a wide range of imagination." I commented.

"He got my genes."

"Haha, I guess you're right."

"Oh yes I am." He said and then silence.

"Blake, we have to talk" I said after a few seconds.