It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 5

"Syd, what would you like to be the color of your dress?" Jean asked me while we're walking towards our lockers as the final bell for the day rang. We are going to have our dress shopping later for the winter dance tomorrow night. We became so busy with the past week so we didn't have the chance to find our dresses together.

"Hmm.. I don't know. Whatever caught my eye will do." I smiled.

"Will Justin go with us? Because I was hoping that we'll have this time with just the two of us..." she said.

"No, Justin's not going with us. He said he has soccer practice later." I replied.

"I thought they don't have a practice during Fridays?"

"Yeah, but he said they're next game will be against a great team, so they're coach was giving them extra practice." I shrugged.

"Woohoo! Shopping time!" she said as she dragged towards her car at the parking lot.

Blake's POV

Wow, I didn't realize I have fallen asleep under the tree. I must be really tired today, Oh well, might as well leave now, the sun already set.

As I walked towards my locker I heard 2 familiar voices.

"Hi babe! How's your soccer practice?" a girl said.

"Pretty good. Miss me?" a boy said.

"Why wouldn't I?" These voices are indeed from someone I know but I can't figure out whose, so I hid behind the lockers and peeked at them. They are now making out in front of my locker and when they pulled apart I was too shocked at what I saw.

"Not here baby, people might see us here." Justin said.

"Aww, don't be like that. I missed doing this to you. I really don't know what got into your mind that you replaced Sydney with me." Stacey said and pouted.

"I didn't replace Sydney for you. She's not as hot as you. I just asked her to be my girlfriend at the party last Sunday because my friends dared me to and if I did it right, they're going to pay me 30 bucks!" he said smugly.

"And now that you have your 30 bucks already, when are you planning on ditching her?" she asked.

"Tomorrow night at the dance. What about you, why did you replace me for that jerk Blake?"

"I just want to try a different kind of experience with a different kind of guy, but you know that I'm yours so no worries about that. Blake and I both know that our relationship's not serious. We're just playing along." Stacey answered.

"Then what kind of experience did you get from him?" Justin asked skeptically.

"None. He's not a good kisser like you." She said and started kissing Justin again.

"So when are you going to ditch him?" he asked as they pulled apart.

"Same as you. Tomorrow night at the dance. Oh, I still haven't found the perfect dress for me, will you mind if you go with me at the mall now?"

"No, not at all." Justin replied. I can't hold myself anymore so punched one of the lockers and walked away.

I can't believe what I heard! How could they do this to us!? I know that my relationship with Stacey was not serious and I don't really care about her that much. But how could they do this to Syd?! She's so innocent and she doesn't know anything about what's going on here. Justin's just playing with her in exchange for30 bucks! I've got to tell and warn her. She shouldn't come to the dance tomorrow because Justin's just going to ditch her.

I got my cell phone to call but I realized that I don't know her number so I tried to call her friends.

Sydney's POV