It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 18

"Do you think I'm dressed properly?" I asked Blake again for the millionth time.

"Yes, Syd. You dress just right. Now don't be paranoid. André Van Eimeren is human too you know." Blake said again for the millionth time as well.

We are now going to the phase 3 of our plan which means we are going to André Van Eimeren's Art exhibit in of the most exquisite hotels in town. Of course, we should all be in formal attires and I'm really nervous because formal gatherings aren't really my thing and also, I would be able to meet my favorite painter of all-time.

"We're here. Now relax Syd," Blake said as he parked the car and faced me, "Everything's gonna be alright. I'm here with you and I'm not going to let anything happen to you okay? I've got your back." he said and went out and open the car door for me.

He offered his arm to me and I willingly attached my arms with his. We entered the red carpeted entrance door as Blake showed our invitations which he got from his father. Their company is one of the sponsors of this event and Blake volunteered to be their company representative.

An orchestra band welcomed us as we entered the hall and rich people could be seen talking and dancing everywhere. Marvelous art works were hanged on upon almost all the walls of the place. It was simply breathtaking.

The program started and everyone settled down. We both sat at a table across Justin's and Stacey's who were sending daggers at us. Justin's family was also a sponsor for this event that's why they're here.

"Thank you so much for coming to this party. I'm really glad and honored that you appreciate my works. Please suite yourselves and I hope you'd enjoy the night." André Van Eimeren said on stage as everyone clapped for him.

"Let's go. I'll let you meet someone." Blake whispered to me. I don't who he'll introduce to me so I just let him lead me to whoever that is.

I didn't realize what was happening at first until he led me near the stage where business-looking people could be found making a crowd around someone. Mr. Van Eimeren.

"Hey! Is that you Mr. Blake Collins? You've grown so fast! How's your father?" Mr. Van Eimeren greeted Blake as we came near.

"Yes sir. Time really flies so fast and things have changed." Blake said after they hugged each other. "My dad's good. He's just busy with some things."

"Oh, okay then," then he looked at me, "Is this young lady your girldfriend?"

"Yes sir. I'd like you to meet Sydney Parker, my girlfriend. Sydney, this is Mr. André Van Eimeren." Blake smiled as he introduced us. He knows full well that I'm dying to know this man and tell him how awesome of a painter he is.

"Hi Sydney! Pleased to meet you!" Mr. Van Eimeren said as we shook our hands.

"Hello Mr. Van Eimeren, I'm very pleased to meet you too," I said smiling so wide, "I really love your works especially Sunset by the Boulevard. It inspires me in many ways."

He smiled and said, "Thank you so much and I'm really glad that my work inspires the youth like you."

The night went on and I learned how to socialize with the socialites with the help of Mr. Van Eimeren and Blake, who never left my side. Mr. Van Eimeren is really a good man and very humble after all the praises he got from his art works. He introduced me and Blake to his other friends and made us feel comfortable.

I was starting to enjoy this party until when I went to the bathroom to retouch my make-up and fix my hair after the wind blew so strong when we went to the garden for fresh air.

"Well, well, well... Look at what we have here?" Stacey said after minutes I came in the restroom.

"Oh, hi Stacey!" I said and rolled my eyes.

"What does a poor girl like you doing in a high-end party like this? Don't you know that you're making this event so low-class just with your presence?" she said insulting me. I didn't flinch at what she said and just continued retouching my make-up because I don't care about what she's saying. Insult me for all I care.

She went on, "I know that you're here because of Blake, but I really don't know what Blake sees in you. I mean, you're so plain, nothing so special unlike the oh-so gorgeous me."

"Is she talking to you?" a woman asked me.

"I'm not so sure ma'am, but maybe, because if not, she must be insane talking to herself." I replied sweetly to the woman who just shrugged and left.

"Are you done with your dramatic monologue? If not, just tell me because I don't wanna leave you here talking to yourself. People might think that you are really insane." I said as I smirked.

"Ugh whatever. As I was saying," she still continued talking, "You don't belong here Sydney. You're nothing but a gold digger like your father!" Now that really irked me. "A gold digger like your father who married your rich mom. I doubt that your employee father really loved your mom; he just wanted your mom's money like you are doing with Blake. Maybe you're mom really didn't accidentally died, maybe she killed herself upon knowing the ugly truth and how much of a jerk your father is!" before she could continue talking further about my parents, my fist collided with her jaw which made her hit the wall and collapse on the ground.

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY PARENTS? YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SAY THOSE WORDS TO THEM! YOU KNOW NOTHING!!" I said that with tears continually streaming down my eyes as I punched the life out of her. I straddled her and beat her as she lamely threw some scratches that didn't have any effect on me. Her nose was bleeding and twisted which made me realize that her pointed nose was fake.

I could've killed her then if Blake didn't come in to stop me.

"SYDNEY STOP!" Blake said as he opened the door and rushed to me. Of course I didn't stop until he pulled me off of Stacey. I was then crashed unto Blake's chest calming me down and rubbing my back as I cried.

Justin then came rushing to Stacey. Good thing that no one else came in except for the two boys who must've been waiting for us outside.

"I don't care if you insult me. Call me a gold digger of Blake or whatever but remember this Stacey; you know nothing about my parents! My dad really loves my mom and she didn't kill herself! My dad is not a gold digger and he loves her more than anything else in this world! If you ever insult them again, I'm gonna make sure that all the cosmetic surgeons in the whole continental US combined would not be able to fix your face as to what you did to your fake nose which you now have to go back and let them fix and put silicon in it again!" I said loudly to Stacey who was lying on the floor with Justin.

"Calm down Syd. Let's go." Blake whispered to my ear as he pulled me close and tucked my hair into place then we went outside.

Before the door was closed, I heard Justin say, "Stacey, was your nose really fake?"